death of Luigi Coffrini 1890's borgotaro

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
crosa
Rookie
Rookie

death of Luigi Coffrini 1890's borgotaro

Post by crosa »

I am having problems finding the death of luigi Coffrini, married to rosa belgrosso, son Antonio Coffrini. Luigi's parents were Antonio Coffrini and orsolo Brattesani.Luigi was born 1815 his son Antonio born 1844 died 1931, looked all day on ancestry, so hard I always get modena? No parma, no emilia Romagna, looked through all death this morning no luck.. there has to be a easier way to find his death date. I am sure he lived in borgo val ti taro. I tried the site of borgo val di taro but it was too hard. sos. going crazy. where do you find the military record? it's got to be easier than the hours I am spending going no where
TomG
Rookie
Rookie

Re: death of Luigi Coffrini 1890's borgotaro

Post by TomG »

Have you tried going through the Mormon church site? It's familysearch.org.

My husband's family is from Borgotaro, and the main church is San Antonio so you might contact them for information. Your names are not familiar to me, and I've been researching the area for 10 years now. Are you sure it's Borgotaro and not one of the smaller villages. My husband's family is from Belforte.

I'll see if I can find anything on ancestry.com for you.
TomG
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TomG »

I found very little on ancestry.com. There was one record for Ellis Is. but it was a later date than you indicated.

It shows a Giuseppe Di Antonio Coffrini who arrived on 1 Mar 1909. HIs birthdate was abt 1891.
crosa
Rookie
Rookie

Post by crosa »

Thank you. Guiseppe di Antonio is my father, I found that one. Yes the family was all born there at borgo Va ti taro, the younger ones were born in the Varese Ligure. My father was raised in cembrano but my grandfathers siblings were all still in borgo val ti taro. i can't get any information on my family because you have to pay to see. I am not too happy with Ancestry and that is expensive but I'll try a few more months. Thank you, if you come across Maria Giacopazzi let me know. She was still alive in 1937. She possibly died early 1950's but I am not sure. Rosa Belgrosso is the other grandparent I can't find. I know Luigi was born around 1815. My grandfather Antonio died 193l in cembrano. The Giacopazzi's were also from Borgotaro.
I don't know it is really difficult. There was a web that was Borgo but I can't find it. I figure it would be in a newspaper clipping, but its hard because its all italian. Well thanks again onward again I will try to march into the past. Take care.
Crosa
TomG
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TomG »

http://www.valtaro.it/guestbook/ This may be the website you're looking for. You might want to post a question about your family on the guestbook. Maybe you'll find some information to help you. Once you find someone who knows your family you'll be on your way.

We found my husband's grandmother's family through a random posting, and it gave us tons of info on her family.
crosa
Rookie
Rookie

Post by crosa »

I did write a message on the site you said, now where do you find any anwers and they are all in italian, I don't read italian. (he he).
crosa
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

You can post your replies here in the "translation" forum and someone will be glad to translate them for you... :-)

T.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

rosemarie wrote:I did write a message on the site you said, now where do you find any anwers ...
crosa
Good question!
crosa
Rookie
Rookie

Post by crosa »

Its is funny because you write a message but do they reply below your question. I think those are also questions. Do they send you an email. (he he) oh well I tried. Close to just giving up. I have searched and searched. They either don't have the years I'am looking for or you go page after page in births, deaths, most of them you can't read. You go to the sites of the town like Borgo Val Ti Taro can't find what to click on to find any answers. Give it up. I tried again after giving it up for a week or more, no good. Still nowhere.
TomG
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TomG »

You could use http://wordmonkey.info/ It's not a perfect translation site, but it's quick and free. I use it often.
Renata75

Post by Renata75 »

Hi there,

Just stumbled on your post - it is so difficult to find the records you need when you are outside the country. The Church of LDS had all mine but I couldn't read much of the writing and they were on microfiche and couldn't be copied for me to take home, but you could try that and take a photo of the screen (I did that quite a bit) and then used google translate to get some details out but to be honest it was so difficult I gave up.

I recently travelled to Borgotaro and visited the records office, they were very helpful. The lady there called Anne speaks very good english so you could phone or email her and she will be able to understand you. The record books are right there next to her desk and all indexed and everything, it doesn't take her long to look up what you need. Here's her contact details:

Ufficio Servizi demografici, Piazza Manara 6 43043 Borgo Val di Taro (PR)
a.alzapiedi@comune.borgo-val-di-taro.pr.it and 0525 921726/27/41

Good luck!
uno

Post by uno »

My grandmother was a Coffrini. Her family lived in an area just outside Borgotaro called ValDena. Valdena is part of the municipality of Borgotaro. I remember being once told that Valdena was once under the municipality of Pontremoli. I hope this helps.