*** There is a problem with new registrations - Contact us when you did not receive an activation email ***

Malvito Birth records

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Malvito Birth records

Postby msilingo » 12 Apr 2011, 03:07

My husbands grandfather was born June 5, 1885 in Italy. The Ellis Island ship manifest shows he was from Malvito. Where can I write to request verification of his birth?
msilingo

Re: Malvito Birth records

Postby liviomoreno » 12 Apr 2011, 07:09

You may write to

Comune di Malvito - Ufficio di Stato Civile
Piazza Mario De Iacovo 1
87010 Malvito CS
Italy

Form letters in Italian can be found at:

http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resources/letters/ and http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Malvito Birth records

Postby johnnyonthespot » 12 Apr 2011, 13:53

msilingo wrote:My husbands grandfather was born June 5, 1885 in Italy. The Ellis Island ship manifest shows he was from Malvito. Where can I write to request verification of his birth?

My mother's father, Filippo De Iacovo, was born January 1, 1886 in Malvito. His parents were Francesco De Iacovo and Carolina Cipolla.

He married Maria Francesca Altieri, also born in Malvito, July 16, 1884. Her parents were Arcangelo Altieri and Serafina Di Cianni.

Filippo came to the US in 1909. Maria and their two daughters arrived in 1913.

Malvito is a fairly small comune; certainly my ancestors would have known your husband's ancestors well!

I have found the stato civile office at Malvito to be very responsive; most of the documents I requested by mail (and I have requested many :D ) arrived in less than three weeks. The office is (was?) headed by Sig. Enzo De Iacovo. I suppose he must be related although he has never mentioned the possibility.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Locations in Italy