*** There is a problem with new registrations - Contact us when you did not receive an activation email ***

Dragoni Vital Records after 1929

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Dragoni Vital Records after 1929

Postby harrisjh » 14 Apr 2011, 21:22

My ancestors Antonio Fabrizio and his wife Filomena D'Agostino lived in Dragoni, Italy. I believe that they died there after 1929, but I am unsure of the dates. I don't believe that they were from Dragoni, as I have been unable to locate birth or marriage records for either of them. They are my brick walls. The only possibility I can think of to discover what town they were originally from is to view their death records. Does anyone know how I can access a death record from Dragoni from after 1929 without an exact date? Any help would be appreciated!
harrisjh

Re: Dragoni Vital Records after 1929

Postby johnnyonthespot » 14 Apr 2011, 21:36

Dragoni is a small comune of less than 2,200 persons and, unlike many other southern Italy comuni, it has never had a much higher population than it does now.

With a population of around 2,000 I would imagine there would have been - what? - maybe 20 deaths in a typical year? My thinking is that if you carefully compose a letter to the stato civile official in Dragoni and ask him/her to search the death indexes "when he can find time in his busy schedule" - you might get lucky.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 14 Apr 2011, 21:42

By the way, I am presuming that you are referring to Comune di Dragoni, Provincia di Caserta, Regione di Campania, Southern Italy.

There also exist two hamlets ("frazione" see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frazione ) of that name:

Frazione Dragoni, Comune di Grotteria, Provincia di Reggio Calabria, Regione di Calabria, Southern Italy

Frazione Dragoni, Comune di Lequile, Provincia di Lecce, Regione di Puglia, Southern Italy
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 14 Apr 2011, 21:47

From the comune's website, http://www3.asmenet.it/opencms/opencms/ ... d_menu=005

Ufficio Polizia Municipale Responsabile: Giuseppe Fabrizio
Telefono: 0823/866221
Fax: 0823/866238

A relative, perhaps? :D
Carmine

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Locations in Italy