Can anyone read this location on 1900 Census?

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
jamesy1

Can anyone read this location on 1900 Census?

Post by jamesy1 »

My husbands Rubino family generally came from San Fele, Potenza and I have discovered the names of his ggrandfather Michael Rubino's parents on his tombstone. It showed a Vincenzo S. Rubino 1835-1915 and Anglea Maria Grieco 1842-1913. I thought they died in Italy and just had a memorial on the stone but when I added them to my ancestry family tree a hint came up from the 1900 census. It shows a Vincent Rubino and Angela his wife living in Troy, NY which is where I am from and my husbands relatives lived and died. It is the 1900 census under ancestry for Vincent Rubino living in Troy, NY Rensselaer county with his wife Angela and daughter Nellie. When I further searched ancestry found Anglea Grieco on the ship Vincenzo Florio leaving Palermo, Italy on 11 June 1881 and under her name is a name of Gennaro Rubino who could be an inlaw? Can anyone read the place in Italy she lived? Looks like Castle something? Not allowing me to attach links here so I can't attach link.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Can anyone read this location on 1900 Census?

Post by johnnyonthespot »

The place of interest is in the middle of this group:

Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
jamesy1

Post by jamesy1 »

Thank you for posting that for me! I couldn't figure out how to do it!
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Could it be Altavilla?

One of these?

Comune di Altavilla Irpina, Provincia di Avellino, Regione di Campania, Southern Italy

Comune di Altavilla Milicia, Provincia di Palermo, Regione di Sicilia, Insular Italy

Comune di Altavilla Monferrato, Provincia di Alessandria, Regione di Piemonte, Northwestern Italy

Comune di Altavilla Silentina, Provincia di Salerno, Regione di Campania, Southern Italy

Comune di Altavilla Vicentina, Provincia di Vicenza, Regione di Veneto, Northeastern Italy
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
jamesy1

Post by jamesy1 »

I think Altavilla is for Gennaro Rubino but the one for Angela Grieco is the listing above that and is a little bit harder to read. She was married to a Vincent Rubino but is listed under Grieco on this listing.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

I think it may be:

Comune di Castelcivita, Provincia di Salerno, Regione di Campania, Southern Italy

I want to go; looks like an interesting place! http://www.google.com/search?q=castelci ... 07&bih=609
Carmine

tcatrainer

Post by tcatrainer »

tiernotours

Post by tiernotours »

I live in that area I could make out all but the last name
Calabritto (AV)
Castelcivita (SA)
Altavilla (SA)
Fontegreca (CE)
these are all towns in campania but the last one I could not make out.
Hope that helps