*** There is a problem with new registrations - Contact us when you did not receive an activation email ***

Military Records

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Military Records

Postby adam74 » 03 Jun 2011, 17:43

I am looking for military records for a Nicola Palumbo from Mofetta
adam74
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Military Records

Postby johnnyonthespot » 03 Jun 2011, 20:10

Send this letter to the proivincial archives of Bari:

03 giugno 2011 [giugno is June; month names in italian are written lower case]

[your name]
[your address]

STATI UNITI D'AMERICA - USA

Archivio di Stato di Bari
Via Pietro Oreste, 45
70123 Bari
ITALY

Egregi Signori,

Mi chiamo [your name here], ed abito negli Stati Uniti all'indirizzo sopradetto.

Vi scrivo affinché mi aiutiate a reperire:

* FOGLIO DI CONGEDO ILLIMITATO
* FOGLIO MATRICOLARE
* REGISTRO DI LEVA

per il mio [your relationship to Nicola - see below]:

* PALUMBO NICOLA nato nel Comune di Molfetta, in data [date of birth or 'circa 1884'], paternità [his father's given name if you know it else 'incerto'], maternità [mother's full maiden name if you know it "SMITH JANE" else 'incerto']

Vi prego di farmi sapere quanto dovuto per il servizio e per i costi di spedizione.

Distinti saluti,

[your signature]

Relationships: father = padre, grandfather = nonno, great-grandfather = bisnonno, great-great-grandfather = trisavolo, uncle = zio

Date of birth should be written as shown above; if you are going with the January 1, 1884 date on the draft card in your other thread, then write "01 gennaio 1884"

email address: as-ba@beniculturali.it
web: http://www.archiviodistatodibari.benicu ... ?it/1/home

State archives usually charge a small fee to cover the cost of copying and postage. This typically amounts to less then €5. They will send you a bill, sometimes by email (if you provide an address, of course). Some state archives will mail the bill and the documents the same day; others will send a bill and wait for payment before mailing the docs.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Military Records

Postby adam74 » 03 Jun 2011, 20:19

thank you
adam74
Rookie
Rookie

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Locations in Italy