*** There is a problem with new registrations - Contact us when you did not receive an activation email ***

Via M. Scandiffio Info

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Via M. Scandiffio Info

Postby Help » 07 Jun 2011, 15:15

Does anyone have information on a street named Via M. Scandiffio on the outskirts of Pomarico? My ancestors on my father's side are Scandiffios & I am wondering if his family were connected to the naming of this street.

Thanks,

S
Help
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Via M. Scandiffio Info

Postby johnnyonthespot » 07 Jun 2011, 15:48

The current director of maintenance and services is headed up by Michele Scandiffio - http://www.comune.pomarico.mt.it/uffici.htm

I assume that named streets are in honour of notable citizens (war heroes? former mayors?), just as they are in the US. Perhaps the director of "Biblioteca e Archivio Storico" (Library and Archives), Luigi Pizzilli (same web page), would have some information; try writing to him (in italian, of course) and see if you can get a reply.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Via M. Scandiffio Info

Postby Help » 09 Jun 2011, 14:27

Thanks, I will try that.
Help
Rookie
Rookie

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Locations in Italy