Livorno

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
esthervanrems

Livorno

Post by esthervanrems »

Hello,

The anchestor of my children was born (according to the death certificate and marriage licence in The Netherlands in LIVORNO

I have searched and found that that is a province as well as a city. Are there more places in Italy that are called Livorno, so I can look for his birth/baptisme?

Thanks

Esther
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Livorno

Post by johnnyonthespot »

There is also Comune di Livorno Ferraris, Provincia di Vercelli, Regione di Piemonte in northwestern Italy.

What years are your documents from? I am not certain (this info is remarkably difficult to find), but I think Provincia di Livorno is a 20th century (that is, 1900's) creation.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
esthervanrems

Post by esthervanrems »

Hi,

Thanks for replying so quickly!

I am looking for the birth/baptism of Bartolomeo di Pietro Rigo from Livorno. He moved to the Netherlands and had a daughter in 1777 in Enkhuizen and married her mother in 1778. He died in 1779 on board of a VOC ship called Java to Indonesia. I have no idea of his age at marriage or death. He was called Bartholomeus son of Pieter (Pietro) and Rigo was stated at marriage, at death it stated Riegens (of Rigo). But in both cases the documents state that he is from Livorno.

I will try google earth!

Thanks again
Esther
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Almost certainly this refers to the city of Livorno. However, I think you will have a very difficult time finding any records from the 1700's...

Today, there is just one person named Rigo in the Italian telephone directory for the entire province of Livorno. See http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... rigo&dv=li

As you can see here http://www.gens.labo.net/en/cognomi/gen ... gnome=RIGO, most Rigo's today are in the Veneto region of northeastern Italy.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)