Trying to request Birth Certs from Recale

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
8 posts • Page 1 of 1

Trying to request Birth Certs from Recale

Postby dczitell » 07 Jul 2011, 05:25

My GGF and GGM are both from Recale and I am trying to request their Birth certificate Extracts, but I can't seem to find an address where I should write to. I found the website for Recale: http://www.comune.recale.ce.it/html/default.htm but it doesn't have an address on it!

I have requested the Certificates via the emails listed on the site, but have gotten no response. Can anyone help me find a physical address to write to in Recale to request BCs? Thanks for any help!
dczitell

Re: Trying to request Birth Certs from Recale

Postby johnnyonthespot » 07 Jul 2011, 18:48

Try this:

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Recale
Via Municipio, 3
81020 Recale CE
ITALY
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby dczitell » 07 Jul 2011, 19:00

Thank you so much - I will!
dczitell

Postby thomasfarina » 05 Jun 2012, 03:51

Did you have any luck with the above mailing address? I sent a letter requesting birth information for my Gr-Grandfather several months back but I haven't heard back. Having read the article on this site about the research conditions in Italy, I'm not really surprised.
thomasfarina

Postby thomasfarina » 10 Jun 2012, 05:24

I spoke too soon -- I received a response back from the Comune di Recale today, with several record extractions included -- a very good surprise!
thomasfarina

Postby lcannuli » 12 Jun 2012, 12:04

Hey thomasfarina could you define "several months" - I'm in a similar situation and am getting anxious.
lcannuli

Postby thomasfarina » 12 Jun 2012, 22:51

Icannuli, the turnaround time for my request was 2.5 months. Which is a lot better than some states here in the U.S. do for vital records requests. Pennsylvania, for example, takes about 4 months to receive a Death Certificate.
thomasfarina

Postby thomasfarina » 13 Jun 2012, 00:39

By the way -- I'd like to remit the cost of postage to the City Office in Recale ... can anybody recommend the best method of doing that? I imagine a personal check would be no good internationally.

Also, for future requests to offices in Italy, what is the best way to provide a postage-paid envelope? Can you buy a pre-paid italian international postage envelope in the U.S.?
thomasfarina

8 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Locations in Italy