??? Prata

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
cargor
Rookie
Rookie

??? Prata

Post by cargor »

I am asking for opinions or ideas. I found a death record on my g-g-g-grandfather in Civitaretenga. His name was Ferdinando Pollastri [Pollastro] and he died in 1858. It stated that he was born in Prata, where his parents lived. It justed stated the village of Prata...nothing else. Can I ASSUME that it is Prata D'Ansidonia since it is fairly close by or is there other possibilities? Thank you.
Surnames searching for are Pollastri, DeSantis, DeAmicis, Napoleone, DeLauretis.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: ??? Prata

Post by Tessa78 »

Civitaretenga is a hamlet of the Comune of Navelli in L'Aguila Province, Abruzzo Region

Here are the possibilities for Prata... :-)

# Prata, comune of Cautano - province: Benevento - region: Campania
# Prata, comune of Lesegno - province: Cuneo - region: Piedmont
# Prata, comune of Massa Marittima - province: Grosseto - region: Tuscany
# Prata, comune of Suvereto - province: Livorno - region: Tuscany
# Prata, comune of Vogogna - province: Verbano-Cusio-Ossola - region: Piedmont
# Prata Camportaccio, comune of Prata Camportaccio - province: Sondrio - region: Lombardy
# Prata d'Ansidonia, comune of Prata d'Ansidonia - province: L'Aquila - region: Abruzzo
# Prata di Pordenone, comune of Prata di Pordenone - province: Pordenone - region: Friuli-Venezia Giulia
# Prata di Principato Ultra, comune of Prata di Principato Ultra - province: Avellino - region: Campania
# Prata Inferiore, comune of Prata Sannita - province: Caserta - region: Campania
# Prata Peschiolo, comune of Lucoli - province: L'Aquila - region: Abruzzo
# Prata Sannita, comune of Prata Sannita - province: Caserta - region: Campania

It may well be Prata d'Ansidonia - which is about 13 kilometers away from Civitaretenga...

About what year was he born?

T.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Can you post that death record for us to see?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
cargor
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cargor »

Tessa,thank you for the list of different Prata's. I can't believe there are so many!!! I have my work cut out for me. I did start going through some of the Familysearch records for Prata D'Ansidonia but unfortunately,many years are missing. Francesco's death record [1858] is a little hard to read but I believe he was 85 years old when he died...so he was probably born circa 1773 in Prata. Thank you again.
Surnames searching for are Pollastri, DeSantis, DeAmicis, Napoleone, DeLauretis.
cargor
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cargor »

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/71 ... death.jpg/

Adelfio, here is the address for the record. Thank you.
cargor
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cargor »

If I send for my g-g-g-grandfather's birth record from 1770-1780 in Prata D'Ansidonia, would the best place to start the search be in the town office or the Archives [Naples or elsewhere?] Thanks.
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

Hi,
you will not find civil records dating so far in the past.
You only should look for Church records (and be so luck to get priest's help).
The only historical parish I could find in Prata d'Ansidonia is San Nicola. I will take a look for the address.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Address of San Nicola
Parrocchia S.Nicola
VIA XX SETTEMBRE
67020 Prata D'Ansidonia (AQ)
Italy
tel: 329 7362414

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
cargor
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cargor »

PippoM and Adelfio,
Thank you both for your replies. I will check the church and see what happens. Thank you again and I'll let you know if I hear anything soon.