Trying to find Birth Extact for Saverio Soriero

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Sangerine
Rookie
Rookie

Trying to find Birth Extact for Saverio Soriero

Post by Sangerine »

Hi,
Once again I'm here looking for help. On my post dated Jan. 22, 2012, I had the subject matter as: Still can't find birth certificate for Saverio Soriero which I sincerely thank all of you for your help. I followed everyone's advice that posted a reply to my quest. I wrote letters and emailed letters to everyone and every place that was suggested and then some without any luck. All my replys have been no/negative and no Soriero's in this area. How can that be? I sent and emailed letters to area's that showed having the name Soriero and still nothing. There has to be some kind of record of him somewhere but where? Any suggestions on how to proceed in obtaining his birth extract? I feel if I could get his birth extract then finding the rest of Soriero's may be a lot easier, if only I could find Saverio's records.
Any help, suggestions anything would be appreciated.
Sangerine
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Trying to find Birth Extact for Saverio Soriero

Post by adelfio »

Did you get a responce from the Archivio di Potenza? Could you post that responce to this post. The other thing is could it be that Saverio Soriero birth date is way off? You said you looked at at film of Ruvo del Monte (Potenza) at Family History Library what film was it,the one for Nati, pubblicazioni, matrimoni, morti, diversi, allegati 1858-1860 FHL INTL Film 2164149 Items 1 - 5 Did you go through every birth record or just through the index for Saverio Soriero sometimes there are records that are not on the index there are in the birth records.Also was there any Soviero surnames in the birth records

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Sangerine
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Sangerine »

This is the answer from Ruvo del Monte, PZ

Gentilissima Signora SANDRA S.FORMAN.

sono PASQUALE GRIECO -Responsabile dei Servizi Demografici del Comune di Ruvo del Monte(PZ),che in riscontro alla vs.richiesta a mezzo raccomandata come indicata in oggetto,è spiacente comunicarLe l'esito NEGATIVO delle ricerche effettuate presso il'Ufficio Stato Civile ed Anagrafe relativo al sig.SORIERO.Da accurati acceertamenti eseguiti nei registri di Nascita di questo Comune nel periodo:ANNO:1885 ALL'ANNO:1895,NON RISULTA MAI ESSERE NATO NE'TANTOMENO ESSERE MAI STATO RESIDENTE IN QUESTO COMUNJE,persona aventi queste generalità:SORIERO JOSEPH ALOYONIS nato il 27/08/1890.Si comunica altresì che il cognome "SORIERO" non trova origini in questo Comune.Vi invito a proseguire le ricerche nel Comune di RUVO DI PUGLIA(BA),ovve potreste inoltrare la richiesta per avere informazioni in merito.

Siamo spiacenti non poter soddisfare la vs.gentile richiesta e con l'occasione si porgono i più fervidi auguri di Buon Anno 2012.

PASQUALE GRIECO -RESPONSABILE DEI SERVIZI DEMOGRAFICI DEL COMUNE DI RUVO DEL MONTE(PZ).

When I was at the family search center I checked the year 1960 (they had the film on hand) Ruvo del Monte, birth record for Saverio Soriero, most was hard to read, I just tryed to skim through looking for the name Soriero and found nothing.

Sangerine
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

You might have the wrong spelling of last name and birth date
I would get the films from Family History Library for Ruvo del Monte nati, pubblicazioni, matrimoni, morti, diversi, allegati 1858-1860 FHL INTL Film 2164149 Items 1 - 5 Go through all the nati records one by one and try both Soriero or Soviero and eliminate that film take your time looking at the film. You have the means to look at the records here in the States so take the opportunity to read them yourself instead of writing to Italy.

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty