Riccia

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
jnigro

Riccia

Post by jnigro »

Hello,

I am trying to research my ancestors from Riccia. The surnames I am seeking to learn about are Calabrese, Passarella/Passarelli, Moffa, Cassario, Coramano, and Saveria. I have some information on their emigrations and know that one of the weddings was at the Church del Carmine Riccia.

Thank you.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Riccia

Post by Italysearcher »

Civil records for Riccia are on microfilm at the LDS Library. www.familysearch.org
Order the films at your nearest centre and start searching. Tips and translations can be found on my website.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
jnigro

Post by jnigro »

Hello, Thank for the reply. If you could, please give me another nudge. I have done numerous searches on familysearch.org an haven't had any hits. So, how would I try to pin down the correct record to narrow the search? Or, do I just have to jump and ago?

Thank you!
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Births, deaths, miscellaneous documents, marriages, banns, marriage documents, citizenship records.Riccia (Campobasso), 1809-1910
Include indici annuali.
Family History Library Locator
https://www.familysearch.org/locations
Ordering films from FHL
https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki ... ory_Center
Reading Italian records
https://www.familysearch.org/learningce ... 22Italy%22
Films available from Riccia (Campobasso), 1809-1910
https://www.familysearch.org/eng/librar ... i+Riccia+2++

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
jnigro

Post by jnigro »

Marty,

Thank you for the leads. I tried to reproduce your search so I can apply it to Campagna, Piaggine and Valle dell'Angelo, but had no success. I guess I'm missing something when running searches.

Regards,
Jim
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Some towns are not yet Micro filmed yet at Family History Library You might have to write for records to the towns to get them
A little info for you on Valle dell'Angelo
click on prompt
http://valledellangelo.net/

Addresses
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Comune di Valle dell'Angelo
Piazza Mazzei, 13
84070 Valle dell'Angelo (SA)
Italy

Ufficio di Stato Civile
Comune Di Piaggine
Strada Provinciale Cervati
84065 Piaggine (SA)
Italy

Ufficio di Stato Civile
COMUNE DI CAMPAGNA
Largo della Memoria
84002 Campagna (SA)
Italy
Letter for birth record
Egregi signori,
Mi chiamo (YOURNAME). Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri.
I miei antenati provennero da (TOWN). Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
Potreste cercare l’atto di nascita (BIRTHRECORD) di questa persona nei vostri registri.
L’individuo seguente è il mio antenato. Quanto segue è tutto ciò che so di questa persona:
Nome e cognome: NAME
Data di nascita: BIRTHDATE
Luogo di nascita:PLACEOFBIRTH
Nome e cognome del padre: FATHER (incerto means unknown)
Nome e cognome della madre: MOTHER (incerto means unknown)
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Vi prego di informarmi se sia possibile ottenere delle fotocopie dei vostri registri.
Vi ringrazio in anticipo per il vostro gentilezza e premura.
Distinti saluti,
YOURNAME ADDRESSEMAIL

Letter for marriage record
Egregi signori,
Mi chiamo (YOURNAME). Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri.
I miei antenati provennero da (TOWN). Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
Potreste cercare l’atto di matrimonio (MARRIAGERECORD) di questa persona nei vostri registri.
L’individuo seguente è il mio antenato. Quanto segue è tutto ciò che so di questa persona:
Nome e cognome del marito: HUSBANDNAME
Data di nascita: BIRTHDATE
Luogo di nascita: BIRTHPLACE
Nome e cognome della moglie: WIFESNAME
Data di nascita: BIRTDATE
Luogo di nascita: BIRTHPLACE
Data di matrimonio: DATEOFMARRIAGE
Luogo di matrimonio: PLACEOFMARRIAGE
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Vi prego di informarmi se sia possibile ottenere delle fotocopie dei vostri registri.
Vi ringrazio in anticipo per il vostro gentilezza e premura.
Distinti saluti,
YOURNAME ADDRESSEMAIL

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
jnigro

Post by jnigro »

Marty,

Thank you for the help, again. I am going to try getting an email for the addresses you provided. If I could bother you one more time. I tried reproducing the searches and the lists you sent me on Campobasso to help with my own searches and I didn't get it. Did you go through the catalog tab on the familysearch home page?

Thank you , again, for your time.
Jim
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Jim enter the town in prompt(PLACE) to see if film records are available
click on prompt
https://www.familysearch.org/eng/librar ... umns=*,0,0

Marty

Marty
jnigro

Post by jnigro »

Marty,

That helped me a lot! Thanks for taking the time to assist me.

Regards,
Jim
jnigro

Post by jnigro »

Marty,

Your help paid off. I visited my local LDS library and most the records are permanently located there. I obtained a copy of my g-grandparents marriage doc. A lot of valuable info. Needless to say I will be going back, again.
Many Thanks!
Jim
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Im very happy for you Jim!! Hope you find alot of info and great researching
If you need any help translating there are plently of great people in the translation post section to help if you with any records.
Thanks for the heads up
Marty

Marty
cschules

Post by cschules »

jnigro wrote:Hello,

I am trying to research my ancestors from Riccia. The surnames I am seeking to learn about are Calabrese, Passarella/Passarelli, Moffa, Cassario, Coramano, and Saveria. I have some information on their emigrations and know that one of the weddings was at the Church del Carmine Riccia.

Thank you.
My grandmother's maiden name was Concetta Moffa. She was born in Riccia. I also have a cousin whose last name is Passarella