Confused, which film to order

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Congemi
Rookie
Rookie

Confused, which film to order

Post by Congemi »

I'm hoping someone can help me determine which film I need to order for a birth record. From the Palermo Index of births for 1836-1845 states that Cristina La Mantia was born in or at least her record is recorded in Mezzomorreale Oreto. I entered both words, together & seperately in the LDS catalog....zilch, nada.
Help would be greatly appreciated.
Tana
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Confused, which film to order

Post by adelfio »

You have to go to Palermo,Palermo and look through the records there 1624 film notes and films of sezione of Palermo(sections of the city of Palermo)they are listed all through the film notes
SEZIONE ORETO MEZZOMONREALE Nati 1841-1856 FHL INTL Film 1441831
Nati 1857-1862 FHL INTL Film 1441832 just go through the list and change pages on the bottom there are other records birth death and marriage of SEZIONE ORETO MEZZOMONREALE
click for prompt
https://www.familysearch.org/eng/librar ... di+Palermo+++

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Congemi
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Confused, which film to order

Post by Congemi »

Marty,
Thank you for your response. I sometimes think I'm a complete dunce and researching Sicily isn't making me think any better of myself. Truth is I printed out the complete list (35 pgs many double sided) of civil records for Palermo some months ago when I grew tired of scrolling through page after page of 1600+ entries. My excuse is that I thought it was Mezzomorreale even though I did see the Mezzomonreale. I finally decided I was wrong & found the entries you mentioned but did not cover the birth year. Well, I have since gone back through & on the very last page I found the film for 1821-1840. (whoo hoo)
So I thank you again & know that I do appreciate your time,patience and willingness to help.
Tana