Need help deciphering the father's place of birth

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Need help deciphering the father's place of birth

Postby txlab69 » 20 Aug 2012, 01:56

I know this is asking a lot, but if anyone could help decipher a possible location of the birth of Charles Martignoni's father, Felice Martignoni, this would be a big help. You will see on the WWI Record, he list his father's place of birth starting with an "M", but I can't make out the rest.

I have traced him back to Dernice, Province of Alessandria, Italy and another possible location is San Ponzo Semola, Pavia area.

http://imageshack.us/f/834/charlesmartignonewwidra.jpg/

See Line 7

Much thanks in advance!!!

Lois
txlab69

Re: Need help deciphering the father's place of birth

Postby txlab69 » 20 Aug 2012, 05:36

Also, I found a cousin who I believe is also the person Felice Martignoni went to stay with in Michigan named Alex Ratti who from his passport was born in Mussigliano, San Sebastiano, Tortona, Italy (Providence of Alexandria). Could the place of birth of Charles father Felice be Mussigliano?
txlab69

Postby Tessa78 » 21 Aug 2012, 16:18

Using the phonetic spelling of Musigliano (which the clerk probably did), it might be spelled as Musiliano - without the g. It looks similar to the letters on the WWI record...

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby txlab69 » 22 Aug 2012, 04:58

Thank you Tessa. The missing "g" stumped me, but this makes perfect sense. It's not far from Dernice and I found other family in Pavia, which is not so far either. I appreciate your response.
txlab69

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Locations in Italy