Cesarò, Sicily

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
mischaa

Cesarò, Sicily

Post by mischaa »

Hello all!

Maybe some of you can help me. I'm looking for the address to the registry office or town hall for Cesarò, Sicily. I haven't been able to find it anywhere online!

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mischa
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Cesarò, Sicily

Post by erudita74 »

Servizi Demografici
Corso Margherita,2
98033 - Cesarò (ME)
Italia

tel 0957739011

For your information-

At the following website, you will find online records for your town from 1821 to 1865.

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/

click on sfoglia i registri at the lower left.

Then on the next screen by Istituto di Conservazione- use the drop down box to select Archivio di Stato di Messina

Click on cerca and on the next screen, click on the word apri

the next screen gives you a choice- Stato civile della restaurazione or
Stato civile italiano

You can choose either one and then your town name on the next screen. You will then get a list of available online records for Cesaro`.

You can view the records but can no longer download or save the record copies.
mischaa

Post by mischaa »

Thank you very much, but the records I'm looking for are from the 1880's. I'm also not just looking to see the records; I need a copy of them. That is why I need the address for the registry office or town hall.

Unfortunately trawling through the many web results doesn't yield much. The town's website doesn't seem to have any listing of it (at least I can't find it) and any other website will list a dead link. I'm not sure if anyone else would have another source of finding out this information.

Thank you for your help.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

The address I gave you at the beginning of my reply above services the anagrafe or registry office, so I would write to that address. Here it is again:

Servizi Demografici
Corso Margherita 2
98033 - Cesarò (ME)
Italia

I also found a fax number below-

Cesarò Municipio
Corso Margherita, 2
Telefono : 095 7739011
Fax : 095 7739023
mischaa

Post by mischaa »

Oh I'm so sorry! I didn't see that part of the message, my eyes just jumped right to the "For your information,"!

Thank you so so much. :D That's exactly what I need!
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

No problem. I thought you had missed that I posted the address and that's why I posted it again. Good luck with getting the record copies you need from the town.