Thank You Italiangenealogy.com

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
trevisan2
Elite
Elite

Thank You Italiangenealogy.com

Postby trevisan2 » 05 Feb 2005, 14:52

I would like to say thanks for the creators of Italiangenealogy.com for creating a forum for people of Italian decent to come together on their roots.
The site is one of my favorite ones, I check it every day.
Please let us concentrate on the goodness of the site and leave the BS home. I too got tired of SARCASTIC postings by some, and did not post for a month.
Many of us are still have much to learn in the research process.
I have much to learn, and have picked up a few things here and there from the more experienced members.
Best Reguards
Trevisan2
Researching in the provience of Treviso, Italy, Provaglio Sopra, Val Sabbia of Brescia.
Domege di Cadore

Forno di Rivara, TO, Canischio, TO

Surnames Melchiori of Oderzo, TV, Vendrame of TV, Rossi of Rai di San Polo, Bonotto of TV.

casassa
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Thank You Italiangenealogy.com

Postby casassa » 07 Feb 2005, 02:32

I too am impressed by the responses I get to my posts. Everyone has been nice to me. I am learning more and more each day about geneology, where to look and what to look for. I am very thankful for my Italian ancestors for their courage in traveling to a new country and the chance to learn more about Italy through this Italian forum. Many thanks to all.
Casassa

JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Postby JamesBianco » 07 Feb 2005, 02:45

This is definitely the best Italian genealogy forum I have ever found. There are many like this if you are researching Early American genealogy, but never have I found a wonderful group of people in the Italian arena as this place. Genforum , Genealogy.com ,and Ancestry.com aren't even comparable. I thank you all for your wonderful help.

James

amerital43
Rookie
Rookie

Postby amerital43 » 04 Oct 2009, 00:38

I agree with everyone, this is by far the BEST site for those of Italian descent. It has been very informative. Even if you read other people's postings you might learn something. I often browse those. The moderators are also quite good with much knowledge. Thanks to all.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 04 Oct 2009, 12:11

When Edmondo first started this website it was simple, modest and effective. People made inquiries and because there were so many inquiries many of them went unanswered. I then made a project to upgrade the site by answering ALL unanswered inquiries and referring them to other sites and sources much as I do today.

When I finished bringing the site up to date, Edmondo began changing and improving the website and I remember when we got to the first 1000th member inquiry and it was indeed a great satisfaction to me personally. Today this is a polished smooth working website with top notch people who know what they are all about and I relish this great accomplishment by Edmondo with the assistance of a great bunch of people. =Peter=
~Peter~

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Postby wldspirit » 04 Oct 2009, 12:48

I agree Peter.....as a "student" I learned much from you, Suanj and Riccardo.
To this day I still follow your lead and provide as many sites as I can to new members so that they to can learn and enjoy the "hunt" which is half the fun!!

Edmondo has provided us with an outstanding venue here at IG... :D

Lee

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 04 Oct 2009, 13:03

Italiangenealogy is the best! The heart of italian's roots is here!
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

donnawright
Elite
Elite

Postby donnawright » 05 Oct 2009, 22:41

The genealogy group of people is possibly the most giving and generous I have run across. Through this site, I am learning ways to give back. One example: I saw a posting on here that I thought might be my second cousin. It was not, but it turns out that my second cousin is his first cousin (fathers are related), but I am not related to the poster. I put them in touch and the poster traveled cross country this past summer to meet his first cousins (and my second cousins) for the very first time, and his mother met these in-laws who she did not know existed. It was a very rewarding and exciting time for me. By reviewing the postings, we have the opportunity to extend ourselves to one another. It's amazing.
Looking for Biagianti, Modesti & Vincenti in Tuscany and Tomaino, Curcio, Mazza, & Rizzo in Calabria

trevisan2
Elite
Elite

Postby trevisan2 » 11 Oct 2009, 13:21

I have met many, many of my 3rd and 4th cousins as a result of finding them here on Italian Genealogy, or them frinding me. They are from all over the world.

Just last week, I person from Salo, Italy contacted me for help, it turns out our grandparents were 1st cousins.

I provided him with his ancestry going back 10 generations, from Provaglio Sopra (BR) Italy. In turn he is going to help me with some research in another small parish, where I have not been able go gain access.

We have many great people right here at Italian Genealogy . Com
We help one another
Regards,
Trevisan2
Researching in the provience of Treviso, Italy, Provaglio Sopra, Val Sabbia of Brescia.
Domege di Cadore

Forno di Rivara, TO, Canischio, TO

Surnames Melchiori of Oderzo, TV, Vendrame of TV, Rossi of Rai di San Polo, Bonotto of TV.

carolinechurch
Veteran
Veteran

Postby carolinechurch » 15 Oct 2009, 00:20

I agree, I've just found this site.
I have been researching my family for many years with great success. I am very familiar with English and Welsh research, but only recently confirmed that the suspected Italian link was correct, so have joined in the hope of finding help with my mysterious past.
We all still have something to learn, and what a great way of sharing knowledge and resources!
I'm hoping to find a long-lost Ciaccia cousin to visit in Napoli!
Searching for my great x3 grandfather Raffaele CIACCIA, also known as Raphael/Ralph CHURCH. He was born in Napoli around 1792 and arrived in London before 1812 with his brother Saverio CIACCIA, where they married sisters Ann and Jane FURNEAUX. He switched between CHURCH and CIACCIA all his life, which has made it difficult enough to pin him down. I want to find his origin in Italy.

Return to “Locations in Italy”