"Via Gurnazzo" in Novara di Sicilia

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: "Via Gurnazzo" in Novara di Sicilia

Post by erudita74 »

No problem. Unfortunately my typing skills are not as fast as my translation skills. I just wanted to make sure you saw the detailed translation I did.

If you encounter any problems in accessing the Novara earlier records, let me know. I didn't look to see if there were indices at the ends of each year of records to help you locate records faster. You can no longer download the images to keep printed copies though.

Good luck in getting your research further back in time.
Erudita
ginaruiz1998
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ginaruiz1998 »

I was able to get MANY paper copies through the Archivio di Stato di Messina a few years ago...before they became available to search in familysearch.org....however I have quite a few more records that I would like paper copies of....do you think the Archivio would still do that for us??? I was able to even pay for them with paypal!

My wish is to get my virtual hands on the Parish records! I mean, 1750 is pretty far back.....but I am wondering just how far back I can go! :)
ginaruiz1998
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ginaruiz1998 »

I should have added that I assume that you can't view the Messina Records for 1820-1866 because of the antenati website....but that's just my thought!
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

You'll have to contact the Archivio di Messina to see if they will make you paper copies, since the records can't be downloaded. As to church records, I am not aware of any that have been microfilmed for towns in Messina province. Nearby Catania province is another story and has some microfilmed church records for various towns that can get you back into the late 1500s and early 1600s.
ginaruiz1998
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ginaruiz1998 »

I just sent an email to the person who helped me before at the Archivio di Stato di Messina regarding making copies for me! I am crossing my fingers for a positive response!
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Let us know if you get a response about the copies. I'm sure there are others on the forum who would be interested in the information.
ginaruiz1998
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ginaruiz1998 »

Absolutely!