Gerginti.. what Providence is it in Sicily? i

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Gerginti.. what Providence is it in Sicily? i

Postby duvallamore » 01 Jul 2013, 22:30

My grandfather Guiseppe Modica Amore was born Oct 1880.. we can not find his birth certificate. HIs borthers were Carmelo and Angelo. there are others we are searching for them. Any info would be helpful..

Thank you in advance,
Maria from Oregon
duvallamore

Re: Gerginti.. what Providence is it in Sicily? i

Postby Biff83 » 02 Jul 2013, 16:58

Gerginti--Girgenti? Sicilian for Agrigento, capital city in the province of Agrigento.

Biff
"There are only two lasting bequests we can give our children - one is roots, and the other, wings." -- Hodding S. Carter

"You live as long as you are remembered." -- Russian proverb
Biff83
Master
Master

Postby suanj » 02 Jul 2013, 17:31

Hi, Girgenti is the old name of current Agrigento town, capital of Agrigento province... the Modica Amore surname is popular in Siculiana Commune, in Agrigento province... I cannot ind a Giuseppe Modica Amore born in oct 1880; you can add more details? where he lived in USa? when he emigrated from Italy? wife's name? Thanks,
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby duvallamore » 06 Jul 2013, 07:17

My great Grandparents are from Sicliy also.. Pietro Modica Amore married Francesca Sinaguglia ( I only have there names no dates or further info on them except some of the childrens names. My great grandparents were killed by the mafia we think in the 1930's, my Uncle told me they lived in Palmero and had a store and olive grove.
My grandfather Guiseppe Modica Amore was born Oct 14 1888 according to documents born in Girgenti and came to America from Naples on April 1, 1905 his citizenship in 1915. He married 2 times in the US died 1964 in The Dalles,Ore. Guiseppe had some bothers we located on film Angelo born in 1890 and Carmelo in 1894..all in Siculiana. * Thanks from Maria
duvallamore

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Locations in Italy