Can anyone tell me about the town Casorzo?

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
KevinSchmidt

Can anyone tell me about the town Casorzo?

Post by KevinSchmidt »

I am just looking for any information about the history of the town Casorzo. For example, what the name means? Has anything of significance happened there? Any info about its history would be cool.
mfjp
Master
Master

Re: Can anyone tell me about the town Casorzo?

Post by mfjp »

http://www.ilmonferrato.info/bs/casorz/casorz1.htm

This site has some nice photos, but is in Italian.

Lots of grape and wine information out there though...

mfjp
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

I usually use Sherlock translations... but it is not working...

So really forgive me here... I used another free translation service...

Here is that web page I linked to you ... in English...

CASORZO
Country of the Monferrato situated to 293 meters of height on the sea level, in province of Asti, is developed on a surface of 1260 hectares and has one population of approximately 670 inhabitants.
Inhabited L. concentrates on one small height to the right of the river Rotaldo, that it meets in the Po to Bozzole.
- History -
Historical news of the country is had to leave from the 1164 when Federico Barbarossa recognized, to Guglielmo Old one of Monferrato, the dominion on Casorzo that divenne a bench mark of the political organism, feudale-rural type, of the aleramica lineage, poich?veva a castle much strongly that it could guarantee the defense of the Marchesato of the Monferrato from the part of the possedimenti of the republic alessandrina.
Pass?i Paleologi that, since 1291, in prize of fedelt?d constantly demonstrated obedience, inhabitants, the exemption from the custom offices and the tolls granted to all its, in whichever place of the Monferrato.
Although I privilege ancient prevented that the country was infeudato, it was granted in feudo to the Zabaldani, from 1454 to 1594, year in which duca the Vincenzo Gonzaga invest?ella localit?iovan Lodrone Batiste. In 1621 Pastrone Peak was sold to Giovanni that of divenne conte and to the family Peak the country rest?ino to the abolition of the feudali rights.
In 1708, Casorzo, with to the ducato one of the Monferrato, pass?i Savoia, in the person of Amedeo II, as a result of the dead women of Ferdinand Carl Gonzaga, last duca of Monferrato. On Casorzo, from 1290 to 1394, also the dominion of Asti had extended, when the local getlteman, the "de Casurtio", had been hunted from the inhabitants that submitted themselves then to the Common one of Asti, that it was in fight with the Marchesato monferrino. For? when the two belligerents stipulated the peace, this last one came to Casorzo. 6 March 1394, comunit?i the Casorzo prest? oath of fedelt?l Marquis Teodoro in the castle of Moncalvo.
In 1642, (when the Monferrato was theatre of the military operations between French and Spanish and Country house, allied of the Spanish, was encircled of besieges and stormed) the Spanish soldataglie, for reprisal, set afire the bell tower of the church where perished 147 persons. One be a matter of women, old and children who had tried escape in that sacred place, while the valid men had hidden in the campaign. With such brutal gesture, the commander of the Spanish troops, the Portuguese Gregorio Britti, meant to punish the Casorzesi guilty to have given asylum to the Grazzanesi, which were rebel to you to the Spanish soldiers who had tried to extort they ulterior excise taxes. In the registry of the parish priest (than then it was don Heel) are annotated generalit?i the all meticulously the victims, continuations from a precise report of the vicissitude.
Anna Musso Maria
KevinSchmidt

Post by KevinSchmidt »

Thank you Mfjp for the information. It was a little hard to understand but, thanks anyways.

Kevin
Essgee
Master
Master

Post by Essgee »

Try this page:

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... n%26sa%3DN

It sort of indicated the origin of the name.......