House address in Acqua di Ognio or Nurme?

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
steameng8

House address in Acqua di Ognio or Nurme?

Post by steameng8 »

I am trying to find out my Grandfather's house address and the name of the church in a picture I have taken from his house. He was born in 1876 and left for the USA at age 22 in 1899 and went to Davenport, Iowa USA. I would also like to know his birthday and the names of his parents. His name was Antonio Corsiglia. I think the town is Nurme, Neirone, or Acqua di Ognio. I can email the picture taken from his house to anyone if it does not go with is note and it shows a church.
Please let me know if anyone can find this information.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: House address in Acqua di Ognio or Nurme?

Post by wldspirit »

Welcome to IG!
You can upload the photo here or use a host site such as ImageShack.com.
I did edit your post to remove name, address, telephone number and email contact. If you need to exchange this type of information it is better to do so by Private Message. Not only does it present a personal safety issue, but attracts spam to the forum. Thanks!
wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
steameng8

Post by steameng8 »

PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

Here
http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neirone
you can find pictures of the churches in Neirone.
The Church of San Rocco in Ognio is quite similar to the one you posted.
You can also take a trip there with Google StreetView.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

POSSIBLE BIRTH RECORD OF ANTONIO CORSIGLIA

INDEX# 62
1876 June 14th in a house in Ognio di Neirone birth of Antonio Corsiglia son of Giuseppe Corsiglia age 56 and his wife Teresa Caprile age 36 weaver daughter of Luigi Caprile

CLICK FOR IMAGE CLICK TO ENLARGE

PICTURE OF CHIESA SAN ROCCO IN OGNIO

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
steameng8

Post by steameng8 »

Hi Marty,
That must be him and his parents.. Thanks so much.
I never was taught the Italian language, so I need to find someone who can read the document. I saw many pictures using Google Earth and Google Street view, but could not really see the house where the picture was taken from or the address of the house. Google Streets did not go up the hill to the North of the Church.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

INDEX# 62
In the year 1876, day 17th of the month of June at the hour of 2:15PM in the Town Hall. In my presence Emmanuele Campodonico civil records officer of Neirone, appeared Giuseppe Corsiglia of age 56, shopkeeper domicile in Neirone,and that it is declared to me, that in the hour 1:14 AM day 14 of said month and year in the house on Ognio di Neirone #57 , from his wife Teresa Caprile age 36 weaver daughter of Luigi Caprile,with the inhabitant, is born a baby of male sex that is presented to us and that it is declared to give to this baby the first name of Antonio.
The presentation and the declaration above mentioned is made in the presence of Antonio Gardella age 56 and of Angelo Gardella age 72 shopkeeper residents of Neirone. They witness and sign the act with the civil official

Marty

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
steameng8

Post by steameng8 »

Hi Marty,
Thanks so much for the translation of the recording of my Grandfather - Antonio Corsiglia's birth. I have sent all previous information to my 6 cousins in Iowa, USA and to my brother and sister here in Florida. I also sent it to both my kids and my sister's kids and my cousin in Florida. I will now forward the information you just supplied.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

This the death record of Giuseppe Corsiglia father of Antonio

INDEX#16
1892 Feb 27th at 8:21 PM in the town of Ognio in a house at Ognio di Neirone #87 death of Giuseppe Corsiglia age 70 farmer (1822) son of deceased Antonio Corsiglia and Teresa Bacigalupo husband of Teresa Caprile daughter of deceased Luigi Caprile

CLICK FOR IMAGE CLICK TO ENLARGE

Marty

Marty