Searching For Family...

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Searching For Family...

Postby ptimber » 21 Nov 2002, 23:57

There are 19 Stellaccio surnamed persons in the town of Montecorvino Rovallo. Go to www.paginebainche.it and then please let me know what your researech objectives are. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Searching For Family...

Postby ptimber » 22 Nov 2002, 01:20

You may wish to go to the Mormona church family history library nearest your home and request microfilm of Phildelphia Passenger lists from 1800-1906 should you dtermine they entered the USA thru that port. The FHL# for Stellaccio is 0419557 and you can always order a copy of the NARA (national archives entry info) for the same entry at their #M360-134. This is just a bit of information for you to consider. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Searching For Family...

Postby ptimber » 22 Nov 2002, 17:38

I can certaionly appreciate your efforts and running the risk of reinventying the whee;, I checked the Italian surname dicxtionary for Stellaccio and found no mention other than it is a variation of Stella without comment. other variations of Stella are distirbuted thruout Italy such as La stella, Stellato, Stellin Stellon Stellari and Stellano. There is however, a commercial site which cuts the cord so to speak at www.infokey.,com for Stellacci and furnishes a coat of arms by description and suggests that Stellacci is of Bolognese origin. The site,however, is preceded by other heraldiuc sites so choose the first site for the coat of arms and very brief family name history. I have conducted various studies of many if not all the heradlic sites so if you permit me I will at my liesure go thru and see if there is a Stellacci or two that show up. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Searching For Family...

Postby ptimber » 23 Nov 2002, 06:24

I meant that I would be reinventing the wheel not you. You didn\'t check the www.infokey.com website for the Stellaccio coat of arms since you made no mention of that website. The site also provides a brief history of the Stellaccio family point origin. For instance if you go to www.geneanet.org/links.php3?lang=en you will find 6 Stellaccio inquiries from France. You may also wish to try www.heraldica.org/topics/national/italy.htm. Good Luck Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Searching For Family...

Postby ptimber » 23 Nov 2002, 18:19

The site seems to be working fine. Perhaps you mistook a letter or symbol somewhere. It is a heraldic review of Italy and coat of arms in various places uncovered by accident. You may also wish to contact www.fornieditore.com in Bologna for a catalogue of their Araldica dn Genealogia collectgion on sale. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Locations in Italy