Borsi family from Pistoia Italy.

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Borsi family from Pistoia Italy.

Postby mladaf2 » 08 Oct 2013, 02:15

My family and I are planning a trip to Italy next summer. We are hoping to be able to connect with our Italian family that may still be living in Pistoia. I have been researching the Borsi family for a while now and I only have limited information. My GGrandfather was Lionello Borsi, born to Giuseppe Borsi in 1902 in Pistoia. I am assuming that Giuseppe was also born in Pistoia (in 1869) since his brother Rinaldo Borsi was born there as well. I recently learned of a third brother Augusto, also from Pistoia. While my grandfather and his uncle Rinaldo did travel to and eventually settle in the US with there families, I know that Lionello had a least a sister who did not travel here. Also, the rest of the family I have no information for. Giuseppe, Rinaldo, and Augusto are the sons of Pietro and Amabile Borsi. If anyone can please help me, I would be so very appreciative!!! Thank you.
mladaf2

Re: Borsi family from Pistoia Italy.

Postby Tessa78 » 12 Oct 2013, 16:01

mladaf2 wrote:My family and I are planning a trip to Italy next summer. We are hoping to be able to connect with our Italian family that may still be living in Pistoia. I have been researching the Borsi family for a while now and I only have limited information. My GGrandfather was Lionello Borsi, born to Giuseppe Borsi in 1902 in Pistoia. I am assuming that Giuseppe was also born in Pistoia (in 1869) since his brother Rinaldo Borsi was born there as well. I recently learned of a third brother Augusto, also from Pistoia. While my grandfather and his uncle Rinaldo did travel to and eventually settle in the US with there families, I know that Lionello had a least a sister who did not travel here. Also, the rest of the family I have no information for. Giuseppe, Rinaldo, and Augusto are the sons of Pietro and Amabile Borsi. If anyone can please help me, I would be so very appreciative!!! Thank you.

There are currently 26 listings for the surname BORSI in Pistoia and its surrounding villages.
http://www.paginebianche.it/persone?qs=borsi&dv=Pistoia

A suggestion would be to send for a CERTIFICATE OF FAMILY STATUS from the town. Here is a link to assist you with that request. You may wish to read the clarification of the two types of certificates available.

http://www.circolocalabrese.org/genealo ... icates.asp

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Borsi family from Pistoia Italy.

Postby mladaf2 » 17 Oct 2013, 19:55

Thank you T! I think this may be very helpful. :)
mladaf2

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Locations in Italy