Molfetta

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
9 posts • Page 1 of 1

Molfetta

Postby sawdoc » 11 Apr 2005, 18:20

Can anyone give me more information about Molfetta. I am interested where the allied forces would have been based during World War 2. Also, how many provinces there are and if there a central birth index for the years 1943 - 1946

thanks

Kevin
sawdoc

Re: Molfetta

Postby Giuseppe123 » 11 Apr 2005, 19:57

http://www.comune.molfetta.ba.it/pub/default.asp

It is all in Italian

Molfetta is a Comune ( Town ) in the province of Bari.
The municipio will have the birth register for all years since 1870 (circa)

Most of the allied forces in WWII would be around the ports of Bari and Taranto.
Giuseppe123

Postby wldspirit » 11 Apr 2005, 20:05

Birth, marriage and death records are kept in the town of origin:

Comune : urp.comune.molfetta@iqsnet.it

Web Links
Comune : www.comune.molfetta.ba.it

For a list of Regions, Provinces and town:
(Molfetta is in Bari Province)

http://allstates-flag.com/fotw/flags/it-reg.html#regi

wldspirit
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Postby suanj » 11 Apr 2005, 21:17

sawdoc wrote:Can anyone give me more information about Molfetta. I am interested where the allied forces would have been based during World War 2. Also, how many provinces there are and if there a central birth index for the years 1943 - 1946

thanks

Kevin

Kevin: this is an good website of Molfetta and Molfettesi(the people of Molfetta) http://www.quindici-molfetta.it/sotto.asp
you can send an email and ask all info available on Molfetta...regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby sawdoc » 12 May 2005, 18:11

Hi All

Im sorry but i have been away and not had a chance to thank you all for your replies. The are most helpful. I have another question though.

From the birth records that are kept at the Municipio in Bari would it be possible to search for a first name only along with the mothers first name or is it only possible with a surname. It would be a girl born in 1945 -46 I presume you might guess why I ask this. My father was in the British Army and met a girl called Dirce they had a daughter called Elizabeth. My father had to leave and for various reasons I wont go into, didnt return. Can anyone help me to find my sister?

many thanks

Kevin

Kevin
sawdoc

Postby suanj » 12 May 2005, 19:07

sawdoc wrote:Hi All

Im sorry but i have been away and not had a chance to thank you all for your replies. The are most helpful. I have another question though.

From the birth records that are kept at the Municipio in Bari would it be possible to search for a first name only along with the mothers first name or is it only possible with a surname. It would be a girl born in 1945 -46 I presume you might guess why I ask this. My father was in the British Army and met a girl called Dirce they had a daughter called Elizabeth. My father had to leave and for various reasons I wont go into, didnt return. Can anyone help me to find my sister?

many thanks

Kevin

Kevin

Hi Kevin, is no possible to search in the Common with no surname of Dirce or Elizabeth(Elisabetta), but you can isert an topic here, is an good forum http://forum.kataweb.it/viewforum.php?f ... a67e5a6b98
previous registration free, and you can write:
Salve, sono inglese: scrivo per chiedere aiuto.
Cerco mia sorella Elisabetta probabilmente nata a Molfetta o Bari. Mio padre, soldato inglese nella seconda guerra mondiale, ebbe un amore italiano, una donna di nome Dirce, non so il cognome, da cui ebbe questa figlia Elisabetta nata tra il 1945/6. Mio padre non tornò più in Italia per vari motivi. Se qualcuno ha qualche informazione, prego di mettersi in contatto con me, oppure se lei stessa, Elisabetta, si riconosce in questo mio scritto, prego di mettersi in contatto con me anche.
Vorrei chiedere aiuto alle autorità di questi due Comuni (Molfetta e/o Bari) ma ho solo questi dati e non so come fare. Vorrei davvero ritrovare mia sorella. Grazie se vorrete aiutarmi.
Kevin

regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby sawdoc » 14 May 2005, 18:40

wldspirit and suanj

thankou so much for your replies they are most helpful. I will do as you suggest.

One other though I had though, is it possible that even though My father and Dirce (as far as I know) were not married would his surname be entered on Elizabeths birth certificate

thanks again

Kevin
sawdoc

Postby suanj » 14 May 2005, 19:39

sawdoc wrote:wldspirit and suanj

thankou so much for your replies they are most helpful. I will do as you suggest.

One other though I had though, is it possible that even though My father and Dirce (as far as I know) were not married would his surname be entered on Elizabeths birth certificate

thanks again

Kevin

Yes is possible that Elisabetta have your same surname if your father legitimate... you can ask an search in Molfetta Common if you sure that the birthplace is just Molfetta.. regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

9 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Locations in Italy