Does anyone know about this seminary in Bedonia?

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Does anyone know about this seminary in Bedonia?

Postby janetm » 23 Apr 2005, 19:50

I'm trying to find out more information on the Episcopal Seminary of Bedonia. I haven't had much luck online. They do have a website, but I need more information on the history,in particular a female relative that left the castle to the diocese. I have emailed he seminary and haven't (yet) gotten a response.Thanks in advance, Janet.
janetm

Re: Does anyone know about this seminary in Bedonia?

Postby janetm » 25 Apr 2005, 22:45

The seminary has something to do with Travazzano Castle.
janetm

Postby Marco » 26 Apr 2005, 20:14

There are quite a number of pages on Bedonia and Travazzano on the net ... almost all of them in Italian (is that a problem?). I don't know exactly what you're looking for so I can't really help.
Anyway the seminary inherited in the XIX century the castle of Travazzano from the Sidoli family.
Do you have names and dates of your relative?
good luck in your search!
Marco, Milano, Italia
Marco
Rookie
Rookie

Postby janetm » 27 Apr 2005, 07:57

Hi Marco,
The information I am looking for is about a "Contessa" named Maria Teresa Sidoli. From the few websites I have found,the small bit of information I have gotten is that she left the castle to the seminary. It was passed to her because someone's male line was extinct. I can't seem to find out how she got the castle to begin with. Marriage maybe? She was a relative of mine.However, the time period that I have seen her connected with the donation of the castle was in 1852. If you know of any websites or other information, please let me know. I am stumped! And the Italian websites shouldn't be too much of a problem. I barely know any Italian,but I can figure it out from altavista's terrible translator or google's.
Thanks,
Janet
janetm

Postby Marco » 27 Apr 2005, 22:40

Hello, part of the history I found is at the site of Travazzano castle
http://www.quicarpaneto.it/A02-Castelli ... azzano.htm

There is also a forum at a site related to the city of Parma which has some messages about the Sidolis family (all posted two years ago). The most interesting for you is
http://www.studenti.it/parma/forum/comm ... artid=3741
As for the Contessa the "Elenco Ufficiale Nobiliare Italiano" of the year 1922 does not list the name, but that could mean they were extinct!?
Good luck,
Marco, Milano, Italia
Marco
Rookie
Rookie

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Locations in Italy