San Nicola Trabia

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
mcmusic99

San Nicola Trabia

Post by mcmusic99 »

I have been searching for a connection between the Caruso and Cancilla families who both lived in Trabia/San Nicola and arrived in Canada 1909-12, settlingin Barrie Ontario.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: San Nicola Trabia

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website Do you have any names and dates I have researched Trabia alot. Both names Caruso and Cancilla are prevalent
You know that San Nicola is a frazione (suburb) of Trabia so those records are in the town of Trabia. The church the used if they resided San Nicola is Santa Petronilla . IS your family Frank and Frances Cancilla?

Heres a birth record for a Francesco Cancilla
INDEX#29
1883 Feb 10th in the town of Trabia birth of Francesco Cancilla son of Salvadore Cancilla age 41 farmer and his wife Antonina CARUSO

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... n302280601

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
mcmusic99

Re: San Nicola Trabia

Post by mcmusic99 »

Thanks Marty. I will check with my family to see if they are related. Also, have you ever heard the story about Jewish Sicilians who had to pick Italian names in order to stay in Sicily? I believe that it was in the King Ferdinand era (Spain).
I have the coat of arms for Caruso-Balistreri with the information of how Caruso was named an official of the Trabia, by this King.

Michele