Campenarello

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
DonnaH
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Campenarello

Post by DonnaH »

Nara just emailed me back and said arrivals before 1906 were not verified by INS. So info from immigrants when application for naturalization was made there was no verification. After 1906 a certificate of arrival was given by the INS.

No wonder it can be so hard to find someone. Legal documentation can be wrong.
Could not have done it without you
Thanks
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

That is an interesting response from NARA. My grandfather arrived in 1905. He filed his declaration of intent in 1941 and they did verify his arrival in the US. The manifest is marked to indicate so.

I am away from home so don't have a book to check, but from what I remember reading (think title is "They Became Americans") there is a difference is the paper work an immigrant filed. Passenger arrivals after 1906 were noted on a different form and I think they had to pay a fee. I will try and check what I read next week.

Debbie
lalberogenealogico
Rookie
Rookie

Post by lalberogenealogico »

Dear mfjp,

I think the name was changed in 1950 (more or less). I don't know the right date. Venticano is a beautiful village and it is very famous for "Fiera Campionaria", a business market during the period of April.

Ciao,
Gaetano Petrillo

mfjp wrote:Saluti Gaetano!

The name must have changed after 1924 sometime? The Ellis island manifests only go to 1924. Venticano name does not exist on any manifests. Nice to hear from you.

Spero che tutti vai bene la.
mfjp
michecia

Post by michecia »

DonnaH wrote:Please Help!!! Received my grandfathers naturalization papers today. Said he came from Campenarello, Italy. Is this in Avellino province???
Where do I write for birth certificate.

Also papers said he came thru Ellis Island Nov 20,1899 on the ship Floria. Cannot find any info for that date or ship
I am lost
'
Donna
I work in the venticano's municipality; Campanarello changed the name some years ago like Venticano.
I would to know exactely that you want, and the generality about your grandfathers.

I have some informations about Saverio Ciarcia, borned in Pietradefusi 09.03.1886, and about Michelangelo Ciarcia's grandfathers, administrator of venticano's municipality..

Please, can you write in italian language?
DonnaH
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DonnaH »

This is the best I can do for Italian Language

esaminare i vostri regisgtri e spedirmi un cetificato di stato di famiglia per la seguente famiglia, che si crede sia emigrata dall vostro citt....
negli stati Uniti d'America il 1899-1900

Carmine Barletta nato verso il 1854
Mary Grace Mazzarella, su moglie, nato verso il 1857
Saverio nato il 3 sept 1896
Milano nato il 2 febbraio 1895
Guiseppe nato il 18 may 1888

Also would like to find Carmine Barletta birth certl

can you direct me to the correct place. Wrote Ufficio Dei Rgistri Di Stato Civil Province Di avellino in febbraio- for records-no reply yet

Who is Saverio Ciarcia? is Ciarcia a surname??
michecia

Post by michecia »

Donna H,
Campanarello, the add name of Venticano, became ar autonomaus town in June, 1948.The territory was composed of Pietradefusi and Venticano. They were separated by 4 Km.
All the citizen born before 1948, even though they were born in Campanarello (Venticano) were registered in Pietradefusi.
So on the birth certificates, Pietradefusi is written, even if people were born in Venticano territory.
There is no birth certificate of Saverio born the third of September 1886.
There is an act which tells of a Ciarcia Maria Carmina born the 25th of March 1858 and dead the 18th of July 1918 lihy are you interested in knowing about Ciarcia Maria Carmina? Who are the American relatives?
I,m searching some information about the Ciarcia family in America too? Can you help?
can you give me your hone address so that I can send you the birth certificates?
Your sincerely.
DonnaH
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DonnaH »

I am looking for the Barletta surname from Pietradefusi- Is this person of the same family ?Ciarcia Maria Carmina

If there is no birth certificate for Saverio would there be for his brothers??
Milano, Guiseppe,and Felice his sister was Vincenza or Vincentina.

I am sooooooooooo lost!!!
DonnaH
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DonnaH »

What would be the nearest catholic parish in Pietradefusi/ Venticano that I can write to for info????
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

Hello,
these are the churches of Pietradefusi

S. Paolo Apost.
Via D. Pascucci 1, 83030 Dentecane di Pietradefusi (AV)

Maria SS. Annunziata
Piazza Marconi, 83030 Pietradefusi (AV)

and these are the churches of Venticano

S. Maria Vergine Immacolata
Via Chiesa 6, 83030 Castel del Lago di Venticano (AV)

S. Maria e S. Alessio
Via Cadorna, 83030 Venticano (AV)

I hope it helps, bye ricbru
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Not all is lost... ricbru gave you good info...

To research from 1865 1o 1809 you are also in luck...

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... umns=*,0,0

It is tough when there is that gap from 1866 to "whenever"...
Also would like to find Carmine Barletta birth certl
You could probably find this out within a month... if you research from film... and if you order the correct film... it takes about 3 weeks delivery... + or -... depends...

If you are interested in researching from Family History Film, Trish has a great outline as to how to go about it...
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/inde ... pic&t=2581

mfjp
DonnaH
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DonnaH »

Hi everyone,

I have been thru the films for Pietradefusi and did not find my grandfather or his siblings birth records.
What are the chances that the churches listed above can help me?
I feel like I am at a dead end.
donna
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Donna,

I don't know if this helps you but maybe you could look at this thread...

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/inde ... 5788#25788

He has the Campenarello surname listed in his post.. :?:

Nuccia :D
DonnaH
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DonnaH »

Hi All, Hope everyone is doing well.
Good news finally found my grandfather's 1/2 brother on the 1920 census, Pittston, Pa. It says he immigrated around 1902. In 1920 his age was 41. His name was Pasquale DeMark. I cannot seem to find him on the manifests. I do know for certain he arrived before 1903. His sister arrived in 1903 and said was going to her brother Pasquale in Pa.
Any help on finding him would be appreciated.
It seems no one really remembers him in the family. I was told they called him Zio (is that Uncle?) and loved to dance.
Was never in any family reunion pics so I am assuming he died early
Any help would be appreciated

donna
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Donna, about Campanarello, I think that is right michecia post: you must look the Venticano microfilms and no Pietradifusi; I understand that in Venticano birthregistries, abt sept 1886, it don't found Saverio Barletta but is possible to search better, because is possible that the day or the month of birthdate is no right...
About Pasquale the surname could be De Marco, or De Marchi( or without spaces also); also Pasquale was born in Campanarello? let me know, regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Hi Donna...... :D
Are you sure the name is "DeMark"...? That does not sound right....one of our Italian friends would know better.......

and yes, Zio is for Uncle.....Zia for Aunt.

hope this helps some....
wldspirit