Have Microfilm for Births in LARINO, ITALY 1850-1900

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Khanis

Have Microfilm for Births in LARINO, ITALY 1850-1900

Postby Khanis » 27 Jun 2005, 21:40

I just received two microfilms containing births in Larino, Italy from 1850-1900. If you need me to look anyone up, please drop me a line.

I am looking for the following surnames: Gentile, Bavota, Lanza, and Caparoccio..also Dimarcantoni and Macciola.

Happy Hunting!
Sally

innerlite

Re: Have Microfilm for Births in LARINO, ITALY 1850-1900

Postby innerlite » 17 Aug 2005, 01:02

i beleive my great grandparents are from larino. i have the names Francesco Caprice, Carmela Caprice..pretty common last name but not sure if it was shortened and the last names Gema and Di Notoris

anything come up on the radar....i am new at this search thing but interested if can find anything

thanx

not sure if these people were born in that time frame but any other people with the these last names might help

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 17 Aug 2005, 01:39

In Larino: Caprice just spelling, other just surnames are De Notariis and Gemma .... currently no Gemma in Larino.. only in Campobasso area.. regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

Khanis

Names

Postby Khanis » 17 Aug 2005, 02:52

I'll be happy to look those up. The library that has my film closed for the month of August, but I will post something here if I find anything.

-Sally

Khanis

Weird concidence

Postby Khanis » 08 Sep 2005, 05:24

Hey Innerlite,

The family history library opens back up tonight and so I will be going over to look at the films over the next few weeks. In preparation for tonight, I went through and reviewed the birth certificates that I had already found. It's the darnest thing, but one of the witnesses who verified the birth certificate of my great-grandfather's uncle (Ettore Bavota) was named Vincenzo De Notariis in Larino, Italy and he is listed as being 36 and a peasant. I couldn't believe it--how strange that the name you were looking for was on there the whole time. I am still trying to figure out if the witnesses actually knew the families, or just signed the certificate. From the 15 I have seen, I want to say that they actually knew the families. So, maybe our relatives knew each other way back then! Anyway, I will post if I find anything else.

-Sally

innerlite

Postby innerlite » 14 Sep 2005, 18:35

wow...that is certainly neat. I have also recently found out that there is a family bible that contains names from that area. I guess there has been a big falling out on that side of the family but i am trying to get a hold of the person who has this info. A third cousin i think. Gathering all the pieces of the puzzel. I think De Notariis was my great grandmother maiden name. But she got it through adoption. The story goes that she was the product of a peasant/maid? and either the town doctor or local Don??. haha...i dont have much to work with eh.

anyway, i appreciate anything
innerlite

Khanis

Larino Names Wesite

Postby Khanis » 15 Sep 2005, 00:00

Innterlite,

here is a link to the website where I posted all the names I found for other people. Good luck!

-sally

http://www.geocities.com/sally_a_reynol ... 4_1880.htm

bellas_smile

Postby bellas_smile » 14 Dec 2005, 03:41

Hi my name is Alisa and I've just begun searching for my family in Italy. They come from Napoli and Castelfrentano. How can I get birth records for them ? My Grandfather was born May 1913 in Italy.

Thank you !

Alisa
bellas_smile@yahoo.com

ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby ricbru » 14 Dec 2005, 23:33

bellas_smile wrote:Hi my name is Alisa and I've just begun searching for my family in Italy. They come from Napoli and Castelfrentano. How can I get birth records for them ? My Grandfather was born May 1913 in Italy.

Thank you !

Alisa
bellas_smile@yahoo.com

This is the address where you can request the birth record:

COMUNE
Ufficio di Stato Civile
via Cavalieri di Vittorio Veneto, 5
66032 CASTEL FRENTANO (CH)
Italy

bye ricbru :lol: :lol: :lol:

winston

Postby winston » 04 Oct 2006, 04:28

Hi,

Hope you can help me, I am looking for birth records of my daughter's Grandfather his name is Luigi Lepore from Larino born in 1890 or 1891.
Any help you can give me is greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Carla

ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby ricbru » 04 Oct 2006, 11:23

winston wrote:Hi,

Hope you can help me, I am looking for birth records of my daughter's Grandfather his name is Luigi Lepore from Larino born in 1890 or 1891.
Any help you can give me is greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Carla

Hello Carla,
I suggest you:

1) to write a request in Italian, asking for his birth certificate (estratto per riassunto dell'atto di nascita) or integral copy of his birth record (copia integrale dell'atto di nascita) and,if he got married there, a marriage certificate (estratto per riassunto dell'atto di matrimonio) or integral copy of marriage record (copia integrale dell'atto di matrimonio) to

Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Piazza Duomo
cap 86035 Larino (CB)
Italy

Write a request in italian, add to it a self-addressed envelope + international reply coupon + photocopy of your ID

2) or you can request just the integral copies of birth and,if any, marriage record to

Archivio di Stato di Campobasso

Records are from 1809 to 1900

3) or you can rent Larino civil record microfilmsto FHL (mormon church)

The microfilm you need to rent is the following

Nati 1889-1896 FHL INTL Film

Nati means born (births)

I hope it helps, bye Riccardo :lol: :lol: :lol:

winston

Postby winston » 06 Oct 2006, 03:37

Thank You Ricardo.

Carla

Khanis

Postby Khanis » 12 Nov 2008, 04:24

I looked for Lepore on the indexes. Here is what I see:

Born 1889:

Raffela Lepore record #19
Antonio Lepore record #61
Luigi Lepore record #212

born 1890:

Angela Maria Lepore record #133

Born 1891:

Fortunata Lepore #53
Fiorentino Lepore #36
Pardo Antonio Lepore #85

Do you know how many brothers/sister he had? These were found on the microfilm #1809297 and film #1809298. I can send you the images if you would like. E-mail me at sally_a_reynolds@yahoo.com.

mikmant

Postby mikmant » 27 Jan 2009, 20:49

Hello,

My father was orphaned when he was 10 years old and didn’t know much about my grandfather. His father/ my grandfather’s name was Guerino Mantini. He was born April 4th, 1895 in Larino. By doing some document searches in New Jersey I found his naturalization papers and marriage certificate. His naturalization papers say his name was Martino and he changed it to Mantini during that process. However his marriage certificate lists his father’s name as Rocco Mantini and his mother’s name as Antonietta Abroccolino of Larino. What’s been most confusing is the number of names he used. He signed some of his documents James others he signed Guerino, Vincenzo or Vincent. I have written to some of the civil offices in Italy. I do not speak Italian so I used some “fill in the blankâ€

BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Postby BillieDeKid » 27 Jan 2009, 21:48

Hi Mike,

Traveling in 1913 to cousin Enrico? Corducci? Also lists closest relative in Italy as his mother Antionetta. Also says, at this time, he'd never been in the USA before and his age is 18.
Page 1
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0016
Page 2
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0016

Based on his age on this manifest his birth year would be approximately 1889-1891 and based on his age on the manifest you found he would have been born approximately 1896. So, if you order the LDS film of Larino births (nati)
that covers the years 1889-1896 you should be able to find his birth act. His birth act will list both of his parents full names, ages, where they were born etc.
Here is the link for the film.

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... o+civile++

This link will help you locate a Family History Center so you can order the film
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... et_fhc.asp

Cost is about $5.00 USD and takes about 4 weeks to receive.

After finding out his parents ages you should be able to figure out the year they were married (approx.) and you should also be able to find any other births of siblings your
grandfather may have had.

I hope this helps you in your research and if you have any questions please post back or if I'm off track on what you're looking for please let me know.

Regards,
Elizabeth

Return to “Locations in Italy”