Romassana near Lucca?

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
dlshook

Romassana near Lucca?

Postby dlshook » 12 Jun 2016, 23:55

My grandfather Sarafino Napoli came over to America in 1906 (at age 4) with his mother Ofea and brother Renato and per the passenger manifest on the Ellis Island site, their last place of residence is listed as Romassana. I haven't been able to locate this on a map and have been thinking it would be near Lucca or in Tuscany because my grandfather would say he was born in Lucca, but sometimes he said it was Pietrasanta. Has anyone seen this town or city name before?

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Romassana near Lucca?

Postby adelfio » 22 Jun 2016, 17:12

Welcome to IG website it says on the shipmanifest they were born Statale son Renato Napoli line 8 last box birth location

PG LINK TO SHIPMANIFEST
http://libertyellisfoundation.org/passe ... 5pZmVzdCI7

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 22 Jun 2016, 20:08

There last place of residence is Domazzano, comune of Borgo a Mozzano, Lucca, Tuscany :-)

T.

dlshook

Postby dlshook » 22 Jun 2016, 20:17

Grazie! This clears up what was going to be my follow up question-Sarafino's father Anicetro came over in 1902 and his place of residence is listed as Dornassana or something close to it...so Domazzano solves that puzzle too!

Return to “Locations in Italy”