Marcovecchio or Carlomagno in Agnone

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
7 posts • Page 1 of 1

Marcovecchio or Carlomagno in Agnone

Postby elizabethiam » 26 Oct 2005, 10:24

Hi. In addition to the DeSimone line (see my other post) I am also looking for information on Domenico MARCOVECCHIO who was born in Agnone around 1797, and Serafina CARLOMAGNO who was born in Agnone around 1794. These would be my great x4 grandparents. (They gave birth to Carmine Marcovecchio B: 22 May 1834, D: 13 Jan 1915

Wondering if these names are in anyone else's research yet. Thank you!
Elizabeth
elizabethiam

Re: Marcovecchio or Carlomagno in Agnone

Postby mfjp » 26 Oct 2005, 11:48

Some info here...

http://www.familysearch.org/

Type in surname only....

1. Domenico MARCOVECCHIO - Ancestral File
Gender: M Birth/Christening: Abt 1781 , Agnone, Campobasso, Italy

2. Maria Gioconda MARCOVECCHIO - Ancestral File
Gender: F Birth/Christening: 11 May 1821 , Agnone, Campobasso, Italy
Matches: Ancestral File - 2

Now on the right of the screen, you will see....
"sources searched" • IGI/Southwest Europe - over 24

Click that field and you should see more Marcovecchio people... info not always 100% accurate though...

mfjp
mfjp
Master
Master

Postby elizabethiam » 26 Oct 2005, 23:28

mfjp, you are helping me so much to learn how to do this type of research! I hope to someday pay it forward by teaching other people too. I have found the very idea completely daunting in the past, but now by taking a few steps it is opening up to me.

I had never seen that right side link before on the family search website. I have found the names I am looking for, but still there is no info on birthdates, etc. Am I understanding (based on other posts) that this is information that I'm going to have to get directly from the parish (pre-1809)? Or should I go through the Agnone microfilm that I ordered, looking through the death records? In fact, if it has a good index, that would probably not be too bad. Does the death record include the birth date and such? I am assuming that it would.

Thanks for your help on such basic questions! In essence, what I'm really asking is, Where would you go from here? There are several ancestors in other lines with pre-1809 birth dates, so the question applies for them as well. Thank you!

Elizabeth
elizabethiam

Postby JamesBianco » 27 Oct 2005, 02:13

My great grandfather Alessandro Ginosa was born in Agnone. His mother, Veronica Odorisio has many of the older lines. I've posted this elsewhere but here is her ancestry..which does contain a Carlomagno line from Agnone.

Ancestors of Alessandro GINOSA

Generation No. 1

1. Alessandro GINOSA, born 20 April 1879 in Agnone, Campobasso, Molise, Italia; died 18 March 1956 in Springfield, Hampden, Massachusetts. He was the son of 2. Marcantonio GINOSA and 3. Veronica Maria Consolazione ODORISIO. He married (1) Florence Victoria WYRWAS 19 April 1910 in Springfield, Hampden, Massachusetts. She was born 28 February 1892 in Springfield, Hampden, Massachusetts, and died 28 September 1980 in Springfield, Hampden, Massachusetts. She was the daughter of Theophilus "Theodore" WYRWAS and Lucy Louise MERCIER.

Generation No. 2

2. Marcantonio GINOSA, born 28 March 1855 in MacchiaD'Isernia, Campobasso, Molise, Italia; died Aft. 1910 in Pescopennetaro, Isernia, Italia. He was the son of 4. Alessandro GINOSA and 5. Maria Grazia MAISTO. He married 3. Veronica Maria Consolazione ODORISIO 21 July 1878 in Agnone, Campobasso, Molise, Italia.
3. Veronica Maria Consolazione ODORISIO, born 31 January 1855 in Agnone, Campobasso, Molise, Italia; died Aft. 1920 in Pescopennetaro, Campobasso, Molise, Italia. She was the daughter of 6. Giuseppantonio Odorisio and 7. Maria Felicia MENALDI.

Children of Marcantonio GINOSA and Veronica ODORISIO are:
1 i. Alessandro GINOSA, born 20 April 1879 in Agnone, Campobasso, Molise, Italia; died 18 March 1956 in Springfield, Hampden, Massachusetts; married Florence Victoria WYRWAS 19 April 1910 in Springfield, Hampden, Massachusetts.
ii. Assunta GINOSA

Generation No. 3

4. Alessandro GINOSA, born 22 February 1807 in San Mauro Forte, Basilicata, Italia. He was the son of 8. Marc Antonio GINOSA and 9. Lucia TROILO. He married 5. Maria Grazia MAISTO 27 July 1854 in MacchiaD'Isernia, Campobasso, Molise, Italia.
5. Maria Grazia MAISTO, born 02 January 1827 in Crispano, Napoli, Italia. She was the daughter of 10. Francesco MAISTO and 11. Vincenza PASCALE.

Child of Alessandro GINOSA and Maria MAISTO is:
2 i. Marcantonio GINOSA, born 28 March 1855 in MacchiaD'Isernia, Campobasso, Molise, Italia; died Aft. 1910 in Pescopennetaro, Isernia, Italia; married Veronica Maria Consolazione ODORISIO 21 July 1878 in Agnone, Campobasso, Molise, Italia.

6. Giuseppantonio Odorisio, born 11 June 1820 in Agnone, Campobasso, Italia; died 05 March 1898 in Agnone, Campobasso, Italia. He was the son of 12. Domenico Odorisio and 13. Giacinta SERAFINI. He married 7. Maria Felicia MENALDI 07 October 1849 in Agnone, Campobasso, Molise, Italia.
7. Maria Felicia MENALDI, born 16 November 1826 in Agnone, Campobasso, Molise, Italia; died Aft. 1898 in Agnone, Campobasso, Molise, Italia. She was the daughter of 14. Gregorio Vincenzo MENALDI and 15. Maria Celeste CARLOMAGNO.

Child of Giuseppantonio Odorisio and Maria MENALDI is:
3 i. Veronica Maria Consolazione ODORISIO, born 31 January 1855 in Agnone, Campobasso, Molise, Italia; died Aft. 1920 in Pescopennetaro, Campobasso, Molise, Italia; married Marcantonio GINOSA 21 July 1878 in Agnone, Campobasso, Molise, Italia.

Generation No. 4

8. Marc Antonio GINOSA, born 1764 in San Mauro Forte, Matera, Italia; died 11 July 1814 in San Mauro Forte, Matera, Italia. He was the son of 16. Andrea GINOSA and 17. Francesca Di NUZZI. He married 9. Lucia TROILO Abt. 1795 in San Mauro Forte, Matera, Italia.
9. Lucia TROILO, born 1774 in San Mauro Forte, Matera, Italia; died 20 October 1824 in San Mauro Forte, Matera, Italia. She was the daughter of 18. Alessandro TROILO and 19. Margherita PRIVINGANO.

Child of Marc GINOSA and Lucia TROILO is:
4 i. Alessandro GINOSA, born 22 February 1807 in San Mauro Forte, Basilicata, Italia; married Maria Grazia MAISTO 27 July 1854 in MacchiaD'Isernia, Campobasso, Molise, Italia.

10. Francesco MAISTO, born 1801 in Crispano, Napoli, Italia; died 18 August 1836 in Crispano, Napoli, Italia. He was the son of 20. Domenico MAISTO and 21. Grazia ONORATO VITALE. He married 11. Vincenza PASCALE 21 November 1822 in Crispano, Napoli, Italia.
11. Vincenza PASCALE, born 1801 in Crispano, Napoli, Italia; died Aft. 1854 in Isernia, Italia. She was the daughter of 22. Nicola PASCALE and 23. Rosa CIMMINO.

Child of Francesco MAISTO and Vincenza PASCALE is:
5 i. Maria Grazia MAISTO, born 02 January 1827 in Crispano, Napoli, Italia; married Alessandro GINOSA 27 July 1854 in MacchiaD'Isernia, Campobasso, Molise, Italia.

12. Domenico Odorisio, born 1795 in Agnone, Campobasso, Molise, Italia; died 29 June 1845 in Agnone, Campobasso, Molise, Italia. He was the son of 24. Gabriele Odorisio and 25. Concetta GALASIO. He married 13. Giacinta SERAFINI Abt. 1815 in Agnone, Campobasso, Molise, Italia.
13. Giacinta SERAFINI, born 1790 in Agnone, Campobasso, Molise, Italia; died 04 December 1837 in Agnone, Campobasso, Molise, Italia. She was the daughter of 26. Pasquale SERAFINI and 27. Francesca FONTI.

Child of Domenico Odorisio and Giacinta SERAFINI is:
6 i. Giuseppantonio Odorisio, born 11 June 1820 in Agnone, Campobasso, Italia; died 05 March 1898 in Agnone, Campobasso, Italia; married Maria Felicia MENALDI 07 October 1849 in Agnone, Campobasso, Molise, Italia.

14. Gregorio Vincenzo MENALDI, born 1797 in Agnone, Campobasso, Molise, Italia. He was the son of 28. Rocco MENALDI and 29. Florinda PAOLANTONIO. He married 15. Maria Celeste CARLOMAGNO 04 December 1818 in Agnone, Campobasso, Molise, Italia.
15. Maria Celeste CARLOMAGNO, born 1798 in Agnone, Campobasso, Molise, Italia. She was the daughter of 30. Domenicantonio CARLOMAGNO and 31. Maria Giuseppa di PASQUO.

Child of Gregorio MENALDI and Maria CARLOMAGNO is:
7 i. Maria Felicia MENALDI, born 16 November 1826 in Agnone, Campobasso, Molise, Italia; died Aft. 1898 in Agnone, Campobasso, Molise, Italia; married Giuseppantonio Odorisio 07 October 1849 in Agnone, Campobasso, Molise, Italia.

Generation No. 5

16. Andrea GINOSA He married 17. Francesca Di NUZZI.
17. Francesca Di NUZZI

Child of Andrea GINOSA and Francesca Di NUZZI is:
8 i. Marc Antonio GINOSA, born 1764 in San Mauro Forte, Matera, Italia; died 11 July 1814 in San Mauro Forte, Matera, Italia; married Lucia TROILO Abt. 1795 in San Mauro Forte, Matera, Italia.

18. Alessandro TROILO He married 19. Margherita PRIVINGANO.
19. Margherita PRIVINGANO

Child of Alessandro TROILO and Margherita PRIVINGANO is:
9 i. Lucia TROILO, born 1774 in San Mauro Forte, Matera, Italia; died 20 October 1824 in San Mauro Forte, Matera, Italia; married Marc Antonio GINOSA Abt. 1795 in San Mauro Forte, Matera, Italia.

20. Domenico MAISTO, died 26 July 1805 in Crispano, Napoli, Italia. He married 21. Grazia ONORATO VITALE.
21. Grazia ONORATO VITALE

Child of Domenico MAISTO and Grazia VITALE is:
10 i. Francesco MAISTO, born 1801 in Crispano, Napoli, Italia; died 18 August 1836 in Crispano, Napoli, Italia; married Vincenza PASCALE 21 November 1822 in Crispano, Napoli, Italia.

22. Nicola PASCALE, born Abt. 1770 in Crispano, Napoli, Italia. He married 23. Rosa CIMMINO.
23. Rosa CIMMINO, born Abt. 1770 in Crispano, Napoli, Italia.

Child of Nicola PASCALE and Rosa CIMMINO is:
11 i. Vincenza PASCALE, born 1801 in Crispano, Napoli, Italia; died Aft. 1854 in Isernia, Italia; married Francesco MAISTO 21 November 1822 in Crispano, Napoli, Italia.

24. Gabriele Odorisio, born 1765 in Agnone, Campobasso, Molise, Italia; died 11 May 1834 in Agnone, Campobasso, Molise, Italia. He was the son of 48. Domenico Odorisio and 49. Isabella Del PAPA. He married 25. Concetta GALASIO.
25. Concetta GALASIO, born 1766 in Agnone, Campobasso, Molise, Italia; died 14 January 1851 in Agnone, Campobasso, Molise, Italia. She was the daughter of 50. Nicola GALASIO and 51. Lucia SABELLI.

Child of Gabriele Odorisio and Concetta GALASIO is:
12 i. Domenico Odorisio, born 1795 in Agnone, Campobasso, Molise, Italia; died 29 June 1845 in Agnone, Campobasso, Molise, Italia; married Giacinta SERAFINI Abt. 1815 in Agnone, Campobasso, Molise, Italia.

26. Pasquale SERAFINI, born 1756 in Agnone, Campobasso, Molise, Italia; died 11 July 1817 in Agnone, Campobasso, Molise, Italia. He was the son of 52. Giovanni SERAFINI and 53. Rosalina ORLANDO. He married 27. Francesca FONTI.
27. Francesca FONTI, born 1753 in Pescopennetaro, Campobasso, Molise, Italia; died 23 October 1845 in Agnone, Campobasso, Molise, Italia. She was the daughter of 54. Giuseppe FONTI and 55. Camillia FRINELI.

Child of Pasquale SERAFINI and Francesca FONTI is:
13 i. Giacinta SERAFINI, born 1790 in Agnone, Campobasso, Molise, Italia; died 04 December 1837 in Agnone, Campobasso, Molise, Italia; married Domenico Odorisio Abt. 1815 in Agnone, Campobasso, Molise, Italia.

28. Rocco MENALDI, born 1760 in Agnone, Campobasso, Molise, Italia; died 04 July 1839 in Agnone, Campobasso, Molise, Italia. He was the son of 56. Antonio MENALDI and 57. Carmina MASSANISSO. He married 29. Florinda PAOLANTONIO.
29. Florinda PAOLANTONIO, born 1770 in Agnone, Campobasso, Molise, Italia; died 27 December 1808 in Agnone, Campobasso, Molise, Italia.

Child of Rocco MENALDI and Florinda PAOLANTONIO is:
14 i. Gregorio Vincenzo MENALDI, born 1797 in Agnone, Campobasso, Molise, Italia; married Maria Celeste CARLOMAGNO 04 December 1818 in Agnone, Campobasso, Molise, Italia.

30. Domenicantonio CARLOMAGNO, born 1763 in Agnone, Campobasso, Molise, Italia; died 22 October 1840 in Agnone, Campobasso, Molise, Italia. He was the son of 60. Felice CARLOMAGNO and 61. Cecilia APPUGLIESE. He married 31. Maria Giuseppa di PASQUO.
31. Maria Giuseppa di PASQUO, born 1768 in Agnone, Campobasso, Molise, Italia; died 06 February 1843 in Agnone, Campobasso, Molise, Italia. She was the daughter of 62. Francesco di PASQUO and 63. Maria Angela Amicarelli.

Child of Domenicantonio CARLOMAGNO and Maria di PASQUO is:
15 i. Maria Celeste CARLOMAGNO, born 1798 in Agnone, Campobasso, Molise, Italia; married Gregorio Vincenzo MENALDI 04 December 1818 in Agnone, Campobasso, Molise, Italia.

I have exhausted the Post-1808 records and will need to access the church registers to proceed. This is unlikely anytime soon as they are not publicly available. Does anything look familiar?

Hope to hear from you!
Jim :)
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Postby BethW » 28 Oct 2005, 08:29

Hello Elizabeth,

My grandmother's family was all from Agnone and Marcovecchios show up on both sides of her family. I don't know if any of my Marcovecchios connect with your Marcovecchios, but here is what I have. The information comes from the LDS films of the Agnone birth and marriage records and I've done my best to decipher the handwriting.

1) My great grandfather was Emidio Orlando (b 1890, d. 1965). His mother was Maria Fedela di Menna. She was named for her grandmother, Maria Fedela Marcovecchio, who was born about 1801.

Maria Fedela Marcovecchio married Domenicantonio di Menna in 1824. Her parents were Cristanziano Marcovecchio (d. ~1840) and Teodora d'Iorio. I found references in the marriage records to 3 of Maria Fedela's siblings: (a) Diodato Marcovecchio (d. 1831) who married a Sinfarosa di Simone in 1809; (b) Donato Marcovecchio who was married to a Rosalena di Menna; and (c) Deangela Marcovecchio (b ~1809, d. 1836 in childbirth) who was married to a Vincenzo Marcovecchio.

Cristanziano Marcovecchio was the son of Felice Marcovecchio and Deangela(?) Litterio. It appears from one of the records that Felice was previously married to a Mariantonia Masciotra and had a son (Cristanziano's 1/2 brother) Donato Marcovecchio.

Felice Marcovecchio was the son of Alesio Marcovecchio and Domenica Porfilio.

As a side note, I have notes on a record of the 1835 marriage of Giuseppe di Menna (brother of Maria Fedela's husband Domenicantonio) and Maria Custode Marcovecchio. Maria Custode's parents are listed as Lorenzo Marcovecchio and Pasquala Carlomagno.

2) My great grandmother, Emidio's wife, was Raffaela Gamberale. Her ggg-grandmother was Marianna Marcovecchio, wife of Francesco Antonelli. I don't have any other information on her family.

3) According to parish records in Chicago, where my great grandfather Emidio was born. Emidio's godparents were Mariano Marcovecchio and Maria Grazia Orlando (Emidio's aunt). I'd like to find more information on him if I can.

I don't know if any of this helps.

Beth
BethW
Rookie
Rookie

Postby sandy1579 » 31 Dec 2007, 20:07

Hi All,

I to am looking for Marcovecchio's and Longhi(Longo) and Iacovone families all from Agnone. They all settled in Springfield, Massachusetts when coming to America.

Currently Seeking parents of my Grandmother Carmella Longo Longhi
her parents were Fedele Longo( Longhi the names are confusing as both my grandparents have same surname, as well as records showing it spelled a thousand different ways. ) and Mariantonio Marcovecchio. I would like their birth dates and death dates. I have written to Italy and am awaiting findings if any. If any others have found these names in their research and are willing to share I would be very appreciative. I am hoping to gather all information for a "Family Reunion" this summer to give to all living descendants! Nobody has ever had the whole story before just bits and pieces.

I have found the names only of my grandfather Nicola (Longo) Longhi's parents. Pasquale Longo and Marianna Iacovone, agnone campobasso. I am also currently awaiting their birth records from Italy.

Thanks in advance
Sandy Longhi Conroy
sandy1579

Postby amadeo.carlomagno » 25 Jul 2014, 23:27

Dear sir,

I just discovered this site. With surprise I found the name Serafina Carlomagno, from Agnone, Campobasso, now Isernia province. She was my grandgrandmother, mother of my grandfather Giovanni Carlomagno, who came to Argentina in 1910 aproximately. It just happens that he married by power of attorney to my grandmother, Emma Ezilda Manuppella (also Carlomagno by her mother side) but not related to her husband, eve being born in the same place.

Some years ago, my father visited the town and found a cousin, Alessandra Carlomagno, I imagine niece or grand niece of Serafina Carlomagno.

Well It was a pleasure to find this, and I hope you can find information of the Serafina Carlomagno you are searching for.
Regards

Amadeo Carlomagno
amadeo.carlomagno

7 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Locations in Italy