*** There is a problem with new registrations - Contact us when you did not receive an activation email ***

difference between town and region

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1

difference between town and region

Postby rosecarm » 09 Nov 2005, 09:07

Polcenigo is a town I believe. Is it proper to say it is within the Udine region, then, or is Udine another town? At the same time, how does Friuli rate compared to Udine and Polcenigo- a town province or region? When someone says they are from 1. Udine 2. Polcenigo, are they saying they are from the town of Polcenigo in the Udine? Also, I am told that this person would then be considered a Venetian as they are from the area north of Venice? Is there a way to break this down geopgraphically so I know which is which?
Also, when looking for a parish church, does one go to the regional diocese or the town parish?
rosecarm

Re: difference between town and region

Postby pink67 » 09 Nov 2005, 14:04

Hi,
Friuli Venezia Giulia is a region subdivided in four province (Gorizia, Pordenone, Trieste, Udine - these are also town), Polcenigo is a town-municipality in the province of Pordenone.....
Laura
pink67
Master
Master

Postby mfjp » 09 Nov 2005, 14:20

Hi all, use the search features on the right of the screen...

http://en.comuni-italiani.it/

This site should help.

mfjp
mfjp
Master
Master

Postby suanj » 09 Nov 2005, 17:16

the Italy is subdivided in 20 regions (as states); all regions are subdivided in provinces ( as Counties), in Friuli Venezia Giulia are 4 provinces, and for exemple, in Pordenone PROVINCE, the capital is Pordenone TOWN( but remember that this province is very recent, so in the past Pordenone town and all commons that currently are in Pordenone Province, in the past pertaining of Udine province); in Pordenone province( and also in all italian provinces) are many commons; so if you read Polcenigo with this: (PN) it means that is in Pordenone province, and the same Pordenone town is in same province obviously, so: Pordenone(PN), it is as New York, NY... hoping helpful.. regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby mags01 » 05 Feb 2011, 03:47

mfjp wrote:Hi all, use the search features on the right of the screen...

http://en.comuni-italiani.it/

This site should help.

mfjp

Hi - should this be 'left' of the screen....
on the right we have User info and where members are. :?
kind regards
mags01

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Locations in Italy