*** There is a problem with new registrations - Contact us when you did not receive an activation email ***

What's about a new forum about Middle Age?

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1

What's about a new forum about Middle Age?

Postby dejudicibus » 05 Dec 2005, 00:56

I saw that most posts are related to modern centuries (XVIII->XX). However most Italian families have ancient heritages. It could be interesting to have also a forum for discussions about Middle Age, XV, XVI and XVII century, Latin translations, and similar.
Dr. Dario de Judicibus - Rome, Italy (EU)
Site: http://www.dejudicibus.it
Blog: http://lindipendente.splinder.com
dejudicibus

Re: What's about a new forum about Middle Age?

Postby john_dominic » 22 Dec 2005, 08:21

dejudicibus wrote:I saw that most posts are related to modern centuries (XVIII->XX). However most Italian families have ancient heritages. It could be interesting to have also a forum for discussions about Middle Age, XV, XVI and XVII century, Latin translations, and similar.

Fair enough.

I feel i'm doing tremendously well, moving from the 20th Century to the 18th Century in several months, but I do know for a fact that one of my ancestors' cities records goes back (at least) to 1584, which means it's possible to take that back to 1500 or so, and if they came from Palermo before that (fairly likely), then I could take it back to records dating from 1392, making it possible to take it to 1350 or so.

And, that's not considering the fact that one unfilmed church (in Caccamo) has existed since 1090 AD (remodeled in the 16th Century), so it possibly (not likely) could go back even further.
john_dominic
Veteran
Veteran

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Locations in Italy