Valle di Cadore . . research complete 2005 to 1550

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
trevisan2
Elite
Elite

Valle di Cadore . . research complete 2005 to 1550

Postby trevisan2 » 23 Jun 2006, 01:52

While at Valle di Cadore (BL) Italy last week, I was able to meet Roberto Piccioli (left) another die hard researcher from Fano, Italy. We are pictured with a retired priest (middle) of the area.
Later as I met the the parish priest, I had to tell him of my love for the area and thank him for helping be do this project.

The Valle di Cadore records data base has now completely been extracted and will be posted on a web site. I have been in contact with many Chiamulera's with roots back to Valle from all over the United States, France and Italy.
I discovered in the parish records, a collection of hand written pedigree charts that were done in the late 1800's. It was apparent with some of the families, that they were given a piece of paper from the church, because they did not have one.
I will try to post these pedigree charts on the web site.
Additionally, there are some research that was done in 1923 by a parish priest on the principal families in the parish back in the 1500's. The research dates back to the 1300's.

As soon as the web site is up, I will post the link.

Regards,
Trevisan2
Researching in the provience of Treviso, Italy, Provaglio Sopra, Val Sabbia of Brescia.
Domege di Cadore

Forno di Rivara, TO, Canischio, TO

Surnames Melchiori of Oderzo, TV, Vendrame of TV, Rossi of Rai di San Polo, Bonotto of TV.

wishyou
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Valle di Cadore . . research complete 2005 to 1550

Postby wishyou » 23 Jun 2006, 03:44

And I will wait for it, as my family cames from Valle di Cadore (exactly Vallesina, nickname of the family Colombo). My family house is the last one of Vallesina before the lake.
I had contacts with dr. Piccioli about it (he did a great work of re-construction of Valle di Cadore family).

JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Re: Valle di Cadore . . research complete 2005 to 1550

Postby JamesBianco » 23 Jun 2006, 04:55

Dr. Piccioli and Trev have done so much for those of us with Valle ancestry. My grandmother's parents were both natives. This is such incredible news, I can't wait to add all of the new lines!

Return to “Locations in Italy”