Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.

Postby trevisan2 » 26 Jun 2006, 17:22

While researching in a the next town over of Zoppe, I became aware of a book that had been publised by the bishop's office at the parish of San Vendmiale .
It is a documentation of the archives and their story. I purchased a copy of the book, because besides being interested in the local history, the book contains a list of all the surnames in the parish, during specific time periods beginning at 1550's.

The author Antonio Perin, who has donated his time to help 1000's of people from Argentina and Brasile find their grandparents for dual citizenship.

I first met Antonio Perin six years ago at another parish. I called him last week to help me with several lines, because I was leaving Italy in a few days, and was getting the "slow Play" from several priests. He agreed to help me, like many DO ON THIS WEB SITE.

He called me back later in the evening, had found my gggrandmother & that she was the youngest of 12, and had her parents names, together will all of the names & dates of her brothers and sisters.

I offered to pay Antonio for his services, and he declined saying, "I have helped 1000's and I like the good feeling it gives me inside." I did get him to take 50 Euro, for gas.

Researching in the provience of Treviso, Italy, Provaglio Sopra, Val Sabbia of Brescia.
Domege di Cadore

Forno di Rivara, TO, Canischio, TO

Surnames Melchiori of Oderzo, TV, Vendrame of TV, Rossi of Rai di San Polo, Bonotto of TV.

Return to “Locations in Italy”