Florence American Cemetery; Florence, Italy

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
BrieSkate

Florence American Cemetery; Florence, Italy

Postby BrieSkate » 27 Jan 2007, 21:05

I am looking for help in getting a picture of my uncle's grave. He was my father's brother and died when my father was only 7 years old. He was in WWII and fought at Anzio Beach, dying of his wounds. He was buried in Italy at the Florence American Cemetery in Florence.

I've tried to find someone who might be able to help, but there's not many who are doing research or travelling to that area of Italy in which they could visit the cemetery and take a picture of his marker. His parents and siblings have all passed away, with the exception of one sister, and is very unlikely that anyone will be financially able to travel and get a picture anytime soon.

Here is the information I have on Uncle Billy's death and the exact location within the cemetery that he is buried.

If you would are able to help and would like to contact me, please contact me at BrieSkate@peoplepc.com and put in the header "American Florence Cemetery".

Thanking you in advance.... Dana

William Brown
Died: July 3, 1944
Buried at: Plot E Row 14 Grave 25
Florence American Cemetery
Florence, Italy

Biff83
Master
Master

Re: Florence American Cemetery; Florence, Italy

Postby Biff83 » 27 Jan 2007, 21:29

The American Battle Monuments Commission will provide a picture for you. Looks like you have all the pertinent info to make a request.

The link is below. I don't know if there is a charge for this service but the link contains an email address and phone number for inquires as well as a pdf application.

Hope this helps.

http://abmc.gov/services/index.php
"To dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands"

Return to “Locations in Italy”