COLLE SANNITA (Benevento)

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
FabioP.
Rookie
Rookie

COLLE SANNITA (Benevento)

Post by FabioP. »

Sono Fabio,
genealogista e studioso di cognomi
italiano, originario di Colle Sannita in Campania.
Sto scrivendo un libro sulle famiglie di Colle Sannita.
Se c'è qualcuno nel forum la cui famiglia proviene da Colle Sannita, mi contatti pure.
Grazie

Hello,
I'm Fabio, an italian genealogist and expert of italian surnames.
I am writing a book on the families of Colle Sannita (Campania, Italy).
If there is someone in the forum from Colle Sannita, or his/her family comes from Colle Sannita, contact me.
Thank you!

surnames in Colle Sannita:

Basilone, Mutino, Piacquadio, Iamarino, Mascia, Zeolla, Iacobaccio, Martuccio, Del Grosso, Grasso, Paolucci, Nigro, Palmiero, De Francesco, Tedesco, Basile, Iavasile, Pilla, Scrocca, Finelli, Finella, D'Emilia, Cocca, Boscarelli, Alderisio, Callara, Macchiarolo, Pannella, Di Paola, Gagliardo, Polcino, Polcini, Vessecchia, Martucci, Galasso, Di Muccio, Di Pinto, Ruccia, D'Agostino, Mercorelli, Tambascia, Seneca, Nista, Flora, Piccirillo, Pozzuto, Iapozzuto, Di Nonno, Moffa, Pagliuca, Petriella, Tosto, Sebastiano, Zerrillo, Petti, Ferraro, Casamassa, De Matteis.
kendelgro

Re: COLLE SANNITA (Benevento)

Post by kendelgro »

My Father was born in Colle Sannita on Dec 26 1901. He left Italy in about 1907. Supposedly on the Principe di Piemonte. But I can't find much info on the ship and its manifest. can you help
FabioP.
Rookie
Rookie

Post by FabioP. »

Naturally!
I hope to help you.
You must say the name of your father and I will see what I can make.
Please, contact me to my mail address
fabiopaolucci7 @ virgilio.it
FabioP.
Rookie
Rookie

Post by FabioP. »

I hope that I can help you.
You must say your father's name and I will see what I can make.
Please, contact me to my mail address
fabiopaolucci7 @ virgilio.it
cristo

Post by cristo »

Fabio, Greetings from Pennsylvania, U.S.A.! I learned of you writing a book about the families of Colle Sannita and it sounds really interesting! My family name is Piaquadio, (nine letters). I have always suspected that it may have lost the letter c in immigration to the U.S. I have looked in the Italian phone directory and have not found the spelling Piaquadio, but have been successfull in finding many under the spelling Piacquadio (ten letters), thirty-six of which are located directly in or around Colle Sannita. Can you help me find out if these people are the same family as mine? I'm assumming that they are. Please feel free to contact me at piaquadio@yahoo.com and we can exchange information. Thankyou, Christian Piaquadio
FabioP.
Rookie
Rookie

Post by FabioP. »

Dear Christian,
thanks for your informations! I contact you at your e-mail address!
Fabio
angelamascia
Rookie
Rookie

Post by angelamascia »

Hi Fabio,
My family is from Colle Sannita and my father's surname was Mascia and my mother's maiden name is Iapozzuto. My respective grandmothers' maiden names were Piacquadio and Iacobacci.
I live in the US since 1996 (11 years) but travel several times a year back to Colle Sannita.
I would love to hear back.
Angela Mascia
Surnames: Mascia, Iapozzuto, Piacquadio, Iacobacci
FabioP.
Rookie
Rookie

Post by FabioP. »

angelamascia wrote:Hi Fabio,
My family is from Colle Sannita and my father's surname was Mascia and my mother's maiden name is Iapozzuto. My respective grandmothers' maiden names were Piacquadio and Iacobacci.
I live in the US since 1996 (11 years) but travel several times a year back to Colle Sannita.
I would love to hear back.
Angela Mascia
Gent.ma Angela,
sarebbe opportuno metterci in contatto tramite mail al fine di approfondire il discorso sulle tue origini collesi: il tuo contributo di informazioni sarà sicuramente preziosissimo alla realizzazione del testo dedicato alle Famiglie di Colle Sannita cui mi sto dedicando, e per il quale sto ricostruendo le genealogie complete, dalla fine del XVII alla metà del XX sec, di tutte le famiglie di Colle Sannita.
La mia mail è fabio.paolucci@yahoo.it

(siti di riferimento: http://www.comune.collesannita.bn.it/fo ... php?id=229
http://www.giornaledicolle.it/)

Saluti cordiali,
Fabio Paolucci
angelamascia
Rookie
Rookie

Post by angelamascia »

Ciao Fabio,

Ho scritto al tuo indirizzo email come da te richiestomi.

Spero di potere dare qualche tipo di contributo per la realizzazione del tuo testo dedicate alle famiglie di Colle Sannita.

Cordiali saluti
Angela Mascia
Surnames: Mascia, Iapozzuto, Piacquadio, Iacobacci
RayIavasile

Post by RayIavasile »

Hello, My family's surname is Iavasile. My grandfather was born in Santa Croce del Sannio in the provence of Benevento in the region of Campania. He migrated to the US in 1910. You have the name Iavasile as a family in Colle Sannita. How can I know if there is relations to my family? What is the history of this people? Albanian? When did they migrate to this region? Thank you for your work!
FabioP.
Rookie
Rookie

Post by FabioP. »

hello Ray,

Iavasile family is an ancient family from Colle Sannita.
This surname is already attested in XVI century in Colle, and was originated from the union of two terms Ia- and Vasile.
Ia- is a "patronimic" term (as English Mac or Mc), while Vasile is a varying of Basile (from the name Basile).
Nothing is connected with the Albanians!.
I have all the Iavasile families of Colle Sannita in my database: if you give me names and dates, I can halp you.

Hear you soon,
Best regards,
Fabio Paolucci

P.S. there was also an archpriest in Colle Sannita in XIX century: his name was Ferdinando Iavasile
RayIavasile

Post by RayIavasile »

Hello Fabio,
Thanks so much! For years I have been convinced of having Albanian ties! I am eager to learn more and even willing to travel to this region if it I knew I could finally discover more of my ancestry. My grandfather's name is Sebastiano Iavasile and was born in Santa Croce del Sannio in 1903. He came to america in 1912. His father's name is Pietro Iavasile. My understanding is that he made coal for a living. I will get back with you on Pietro's father's name soon. I really appreciate your help!
Kindest Regards,
Ray
FabioP.
Rookie
Rookie

Post by FabioP. »

Hello Ray,
it's a pleasure to help you!
Do you know Pietro's wife name? There were many Pietro Iavasile in Colle Sannita and I could make confusion.

If you give me your email address, I could send you a photo of an ancient document from Colle (Ferdinando Iavasile archpriest firm).
My email address is fabio.paolucci@yahoo.it

Fabio
GREGOIRET

Post by GREGOIRET »

Hello Fabio,

I am looking for information on Francesco Palmieri who married Filomena Villani.Their sons Alfonso and Nicola were born in Colle Sannita in the late 1800s.

My email address is gregoiret@comcast.net

Thank you
BASILONE1010

Post by BASILONE1010 »

FabioP. wrote:Sono Fabio,
genealogista e studioso di cognomi
italiano, originario di Colle Sannita in Campania.
Sto scrivendo un libro sulle famiglie di Colle Sannita.
Se c'è qualcuno nel forum la cui famiglia proviene da Colle Sannita, mi contatti pure.
Grazie

Hello,
I'm Fabio, an italian genealogist and expert of italian surnames.
I am writing a book on the families of Colle Sannita (Campania, Italy).
If there is someone in the forum from Colle Sannita, or his/her family comes from Colle Sannita, contact me.
Thank you!

surnames in Colle Sannita:

Basilone, Mutino, Piacquadio, Iamarino, Mascia, Zeolla, Iacobaccio, Martuccio, Del Grosso, Grasso, Paolucci, Nigro, Palmiero, De Francesco, Tedesco, Basile, Iavasile, Pilla, Scrocca, Finelli, Finella, D'Emilia, Cocca, Boscarelli, Alderisio, Callara, Macchiarolo, Pannella, Di Paola, Gagliardo, Polcino, Polcini, Vessecchia, Martucci, Galasso, Di Muccio, Di Pinto, Ruccia, D'Agostino, Mercorelli, Tambascia, Seneca, Nista, Flora, Piccirillo, Pozzuto, Iapozzuto, Di Nonno, Moffa, Pagliuca, Petriella, Tosto, Sebastiano, Zerrillo, Petti, Ferraro, Casamassa, De Matteis.
:D