COLLE SANNITA (Benevento)

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
wburger77

Re: COLLE SANNITA (Benevento)

Post by wburger77 »

Also my mom told me that the town had to pay a large sum of money to Luigi Del Grosso for building the town hall on his property without his consent. There may be some documentation of that. She told me that he had many lands and homes. I can get you her contact information so that you can obtain more information on Luigi and the family.
Thank you again!!!
Bill
donnawright
Elite
Elite

Post by donnawright »

I'm sorry to be so uninformed. I will be looking for ancestors from Sorano. Any help from you? It is my plan to draft a letter to the parishes there and town office for extracts for my ancestors Biagianti. Your ideas and guidance will be very much apapreciated
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

I hope you can write the letters in Italian, if not, perhaps some of our form letters in Italian can assist you? Please let us know.=Peter=
donnawright
Elite
Elite

Post by donnawright »

One way or another I will make requests in Italian. I have used the Google translator first in English, translate to Italian, then back to English. I re-worked the English back and forth until the English made sense. I will, however, use what I can from the examples and will have to use my Google method if there are other questions or needs. Thank you for your help. I'll call upon you, I'm sure.
Danieljamarino

Post by Danieljamarino »

Hello Fabio (and everyone)

I'm Daniel Iamarino, live in Brazil, but my whole family is Colle Sanita, Campania, Italy ...
We have a whole book about our origin, since the Iamarinos in Italy until the Iamarinos who came here to Brazil. The book was made by my cousin Lourdes Iamarino, she went to Colle Sanita and gathered all documents, photos and stories about our grandparents.
We discovered many things about our relatives in Italy.
Recently I discovered a book "The Name Iamarino in History", a book entirely in English, about the Iamarinos that were out of Italy and to the U.S.A.

In my family for the following surnames:
Iamarino, Zeolla, Finelli, Martucci, D'Agostino.

In Septiembre/2009 i'm going to Colle Sanita, to meet all my relatives.
Who want to contact me, can I write ...
daniel.pateta @ hotmail.com
www.myspace.com / danielbr

Hugs
Daniel Iamarino

Olá fábio, eu sou Daniel Iamarino, moro no Brasil, porém minha família toda é de Colle Sanita, Campania, Itália...
Temos um livro about toda a nossa origem, desde os Iamarinos na Itália até os Iamarinos que vieram aqui para o Brasil. O Livro foi feito por minha prima Lourdes Iamarino, Ela foi para Colle Sanita e reuniu todos os documentos, fotos e relatos sobre nossos avós.
Descobrimos muitas coisas about nossos familiares na Itália.
Recentemente descobri um livro "The Name Iamarino in History", um livro totalmente em Inglês, about os Iamarinos que sairam da Italia e foram para os E.U.A

Em minha família há os seguintes sobrenomes:

Em Setembre/2009 eu vou Colle Sanita para conhecer meus familiares.
Quem quiser manter contato, me escreva.
daniel.pateta@hotmail.com
www.myspace.com/danielbr

Ciao Fabio, sono Daniel Iamarino, vivono in Brasile, ma tutta la mia famiglia è di Sanita Colle, Campania, Italia ...
Abbiamo un intero libro sulla nostra origine, dal momento che la Iamarinos in Italia fino al Iamarinos che è venuto qui in Brasile. Il libro è stato fatto da mio cugino Lourdes Iamarino, andò a Colle Sanita e raccolti tutti i documenti, foto e storie dei nostri nonni.
Abbiamo scoperto molte cose sui nostri parenti in Italia.
Recentemente ho scoperto un libro "Il nome Iamarino nella Storia", un libro interamente in inglese, sul Iamarinos che erano fuori d'Italia e negli Stati Uniti

Nella mia famiglia, per i seguenti cognomi:

In Setembre/2009 Colle Sanita vado a vedere la mia famiglia.
Chi vuole rimanere in contatto, scrivere di me.
daniel.pateta @ hotmail.com
www.myspace.com / danielbr
LittleMute

Post by LittleMute »

Greetings Fabio,

I am inquiring about the Mutino family of Colle Sannita. My great-grandparents emmigrated to the United States at the turn of the 20th century. Their names were Pietro (Peter) and Maria (Mary) Mutino. They had nine children; of which only two where born in the USA; my Grandfather Amedeo and his younger brother Al. My questions are how ancient is the Mutino name, who were my Great Great Grandparents and what type of industry takes place in Colle Sannita. I've have also discovered a small town in north central Italy with the name Mutino. Could there be a connection?

Looking forward to your response with great anticipation.

Ciao,
Ken
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Mutino was well known as a place of battle during Roman times but eventually became Modena which is a provincial capital in the Emilia Romagna region of Italy. There may be a Mutino or Mutina as a "frazioni" (absorbed hamlet or neighborhood) as part of a Comune such as Modena for example. If you happen to know where your Mutino is located, please let us know.

If you wish to know more about Colle Sannita go to www.nonsolocap.it and put in the name and then click on the name for a web page about the town and perhaps there is an additonal website with a WWW url about the town beyiond its adminstrative structure. =Peter=
~Peter~
pcallaro

Post by pcallaro »

My name is Peter Callaro. The original spelling was Callara. My grandfather, Pasquale Callara, was born on September 20, 1880 in Colle Sannita and came to the USA around 1900. His father was Damiano and his mother was Concetta Martuccio. His paternal grandparents were Pasquale and Nicolina Zeolle. His maternal grandparents were Innocenzo Martuccio and Teresa Marino.

I live in the USA. My father, Damiano, was born in 1917 in New York City. He had three sisters, Nicolella, Immaculata Concepcione and Libra, and brothers, Santo and Donato, all born in the USA. One brother, Pietro was born in Italy in 1900.

My Grandfather also had a brother, Vincenzo, who came to the USA around 1905. He had two daughters. Other siblings migrated to South America around the same time.

My grandmother was born in Circello around 1878 but I don't remember her maiden name.
ddimasso

Post by ddimasso »

Hello,
I was hoping you could find information on my family, Petriella from Circello. My great great grandfather was Nicola Petriella, he married Giuseppina Pellegrino. Had a son named Vittorio Petriella (my great grandfather) Date of birth: 8-25-1883. Vittorio Petriella married Carmela Mascia Date of birth 1880. Any information would be greatly apprieciated. Nicola's parents' names, Giuseppina's parents' names, Carmela's parents' names or any and all information you may find.

I recently found new information on Carmela Mascia, Parents names: Father Francesco Mascia, Mother: Nicoletta Basilone.

Thank You
Denise Petriella DiMasso
FabioP.
Rookie
Rookie

Post by FabioP. »

For LittleMute:

Greetings Ken,

Mutino is an ancient surname of Colle Sannita. Since 1580 ca., this surname is written in archival documents in the two ways: Mutino and Motino.
The surname Mutino came from the roman "cognomen" Mutinus (your most ancient ancestor had the name Mutino and his son took the surname Mutino as his father's name) and there is not a connection with the Mutino places near Modena.

Your great-grandfather Pietro Mutino (1875-1940) was son of Giovanni Mutino and Cristina Petriella.
Your great-great-grandfather Giovanni Mutino (1842-1908) was son of Pietro Mutino and Maria Giuseppa Zanchelli
Your great-great-great-grandfather Pietro Mutino (born 1811) was son of Giovanni Mutino and Maria Iacobaccio
Your great-great-great-great-grandfather Giovanni Mutino (born 1775) was son of Pietro Mutino and Liberantonia Pilla
Your great-great-great-great-great-grandfather Pierto Mutino (born 1735) was son of Giovanni Mutino and Maria Maddalena Pilla
Your great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather Giovanni Mutino (born 1698) was son of Mario Mutino and Angela Del Grosso
Your great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather Mario Mutino (b. 1658) was son of Antonio Mutino and Angela Marozza
Your great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather Antonio Mutino (b. 1630) was son of Onofrio Mutino and Diana Iacobaccio.

Your Ancestors were all born and died in Colle ("Terra del Colle" in the ancient documents, and "Colle Sannita" since 1861).

I hope you'll enjoy my informations about your Family from Colle Sannita.

Best Regards,
dr. Fabio Paolucci
FabioP.
Rookie
Rookie

Post by FabioP. »

For Denise Petriella DiMasso:

Dear Denise,

I have informations you need about your great grandmother Carmela Mascia: she was born in Colle Sannita on March 19th, 1879, and her parents were Francesco Mascia (born August 19th, 1845, son of Nicola Mascia and Abbondanza Mascia), and Libera Nicoletta Basilone (born on June 19th, 1843, daughter of Pietro Basilone and Serafina Galasso).

Carmela Mascia had three brothers:
Giuseppantonio Mascia (born 1876)
Nicola Mascia (born 1881)
Serafina Mascia (born 1884)

I have not informations about Vittorio Petriella and his family because they were from Circello.

Best Regards
dr. Fabio Paolucci
cjdelgross

Post by cjdelgross »

Dr. Fabio

I am researching my family here and I noticed your forum. My name is Christopher DelGross, I live in the United States. My grandfather was born in Colle Sannita in 1901 and emigrated to the United States in 1910. His name (In English) was John DelGrosso. We cannot find any documentation on his birth outside of a immigration certificate. Could you help me verify his birthplace as Colle Sannita? I will try and find out my Great Grandfathers name...

Thanks

Christopher DelGross (DelGrosso)
FabioP.
Rookie
Rookie

Post by FabioP. »

cjdelgross wrote:Dr. Fabio

I am researching my family here and I noticed your forum. My name is Christopher DelGross, I live in the United States. My grandfather was born in Colle Sannita in 1901 and emigrated to the United States in 1910. His name (In English) was John DelGrosso. We cannot find any documentation on his birth outside of a immigration certificate. Could you help me verify his birthplace as Colle Sannita? I will try and find out my Great Grandfathers name...

Thanks

Christopher DelGross (DelGrosso)
Hello Christopher,
I have found a "Donato Giovanni Del Grosso", who was born in Colle Sannita on November 14th, 1901, and was baptized the day after.
His parents were Domenico Del Grosso and Maria Grazia Mascia of Colle Sannita.

Are they your Ancestors from Colle Sannita?

I hope to hear from you soon!

Best Regards,
Dr. Fabio Paolucci
cjdelgross

Post by cjdelgross »

Dr. Fabio -

Thank you for the FAST information.

I just talked to my father, he says that my grandfather was born either on December 24th or December 26th, 1901. His fathers name was George (again in english, Giorgio in Italian), I do not know my great grandmothers name yet!

***UPDATE***

I believe that I may have found out some more information about my Great Grandfather, maybe this is him, I am not sure...

Giorgio Delgrosso. Birth: 15 Oct 1855, Colle Sannita, Italy.

Thanks again and great work!!

Christopher
FabioP.
Rookie
Rookie

Post by FabioP. »

cjdelgross wrote:Dr. Fabio -

Thank you for the FAST information.

I just talked to my father, he says that my grandfather was born either on December 24th or December 26th, 1901. His fathers name was George (again in english, Giorgio in Italian), I do not know my great grandmothers name yet!

***UPDATE***

I believe that I may have found out some more information about my Great Grandfather, maybe this is him, I am not sure...

Giorgio Delgrosso. Birth: 15 Oct 1855, Colle Sannita, Italy.

Thanks again and great work!!

Christopher

Hello Christopher,

I have not Giovanni Del Grosso's baptism act because in the register of baptism acts there aren't pages about dates December 8th, 1901 - February 4th, 1902. The register is old and in bad state of preservation.

I have found the baptism act of Giorgio Del Grosso, who was born on October 14th, 1855 (he was baptized on 15 Oct). His parents were Angelo Del Grosso and Costanza Cocca from Colle.

I hope you'll enjoy my informations.

Best Regards,
Dr. Fabio Paolucci