COLLE SANNITA (Benevento)

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
wburger77

Re: COLLE SANNITA (Benevento)

Post by wburger77 »

FabioP. wrote:Hello Bill,

there was in Colle Sannita an ancient noble family Del Grosso, with aristocratic palace in the town square. In this family was born Remigio Del Grosso (Colle Sannita, May 20, 1813 – Naples, February 29, 1876), astronomer, poet, philosopher and university professor.
This family was related to my Ancestors in Colle Sannita, and a my great-great-great-great-grandmother was a Del Grosso, daughter of another Remigio Del Grosso.

There were in Colle Sannita other Del Grosso families not related to this ancient family: if you tell me the names of Luigi Del Grosso's parents, I will be very happy to research their names in my documents and discover if they were related to the noble family Del Grosso .

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,
Dr. Fabio Paolucci
Hi Dr. Fabio,
I was wondering if you had any further luck with the Del Grosso Line?
If you cannot find Luigi then maybe you can find one or more of his children.
Alfonsina Del Grosso b. abt 1892 - Mom GiuseppinaDe Peso b. 30 Oct 1869
Arturo Del Grosso b. 4 nov 1894 - Mom GiuseppinaDe Peso b. 30 Oct 1869
Bianca Del Grosso b. 25 oct 1896 - Mom GiuseppinaDe Peso b. 30 Oct 1869
Nerina Del Grosso b. abt 1898 - Mom GiuseppinaDe Peso b. 30 Oct 1869
Elena Del Grosso b. mar 1901 - Mom GiuseppinaDe Peso b. 30 Oct 1869
Luigi Del Grosso b. 3 sep 1903 - Mom GiuseppinaDe Peso b. 30 Oct 1869
Alberta Del Grosso b. abt 1906 - Mom GiuseppinaDe Peso b. 30 Oct 1869

Giuseppina Del Grosso b ? - Mom Gaetana Piroscafo b. Abt 1870
? Del Grosso (died at 6 mo) - Mom Gaetana Piroscafo b. Abt 1870
Armando Del Grosso - Mom Gaetana Piroscafo b. Abt 1870

Thanks for your help in this.
Bill
mabli

Post by mabli »

Hi,
I've never been in a forum before so please excuse me if I've put this in the wrong spot or make some mistakes!

My family is from Santa Croce del Sannio. I know it's not Colle Sannita but it is very nearby and the records in Santa Croce end in early 1820's...

The essential names of interest are Mabli (my surname), D'Uva, Cassetta, and Santoro.

I was wondering if you have any information on the surname Mabli, which I am having a difficult time finding. I know of my great-great-great-great grandfather Saverio Mabli, who married Fiorangela D'Uva and had my great-great grandfather Girolamo Rosario Mabli b. 1846. In 1873 he married Mariantonia (or Mariantonetta) Cassetta, whose father was Giovanni Cassetta.

We are also trying to find our Santoro line; Maria Carmela Santoro b. 1875 in Santa Croce married my great grandfather Filomeno Giuseppe Mabli b. 1875.

I went to Santa Croce two years ago and photocopied documents from the archives there but there was nothing prior to Saverio.

If this isn't the right place to ask, please let me know (and I apologize!) and also point me in the right direction if you can. Or should I start a new thread or something like that?

Grazie mille.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Which Santa croce? There are several so the province will be helpful. =Peter=
~Peter~
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

PeterTimber wrote:Which Santa croce? There are several so the province will be helpful. =Peter=
mabli wrote:My family is from Santa Croce del Sannio.
The province is Benevento :roll:
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Thanks Livio but I thing she means Santa Croce Vitulano also in Benevento (1809 to 1832 for civil records) =Peter=
~Peter~
mabli

Post by mabli »

Hi,

Livio was correct, it's Santa Croce del Sannio, in Benevento, just west of Colle Sannita. I ran into a very very distant relative there who worked in the archives at the municipal building, so he helped us find as many Mabli's as we could -- ending with Saverio. There is a Mabli listed as a god father for one of the children, but I don't know how he was related.

Let me know if I need to include any other information for my request...

And thanks!
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Which Santa Croce then ended in the 1820"s which you put in your december 12 4:30AM posting above Mabil?? =Peter=
~Peter~
mabli

Post by mabli »

The municipal records for Santa Croce del Sannio - the only Santa Croce I've been posting about (sorry for the confusion!) - only went back to the 1820's.

Saverio was listed as the father of Girolamo Rosario Mabli, b. 1846, but Saverio's birth was not documented and the archivist told us that the municipal record-keeping only began in the 1820's, which may have been after he was born.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

you may find Saverio's birth in the church registers...
giovannicallara

Post by giovannicallara »

pcallaro wrote:My name is Peter Callaro. The original spelling was Callara. My grandfather, Pasquale Callara, was born on September 20, 1880 in Colle Sannita and came to the USA around 1900. His father was Damiano and his mother was Concetta Martuccio. His paternal grandparents were Pasquale and Nicolina Zeolle. His maternal grandparents were Innocenzo Martuccio and Teresa Marino.

I live in the USA. My father, Damiano, was born in 1917 in New York City. He had three sisters, Nicolella, Immaculata Concepcione and Libra, and brothers, Santo and Donato, all born in the USA. One brother, Pietro was born in Italy in 1900.

My Grandfather also had a brother, Vincenzo, who came to the USA around 1905. He had two daughters. Other siblings migrated to South America around the same time.

My grandmother was born in Circello around 1878 but I don't remember her maiden name.
nazca
Elite
Elite

Post by nazca »

FabioP. wrote:
nazca wrote:Buonasera Fabio,

desideravo sottoporti una domanda che poco ha a che vedere con il tuo post : anch'io sto ricostruendo la genealogia della mia famiglia e nel corso degli anni sono riuscito a trovare i luoghi e le date di nascita dei miei bisnonni e dei suoi dieci figli sparsi per l'allora regno delle due sicilie e del successivo regno d'italia. La mia bisnonna sembrerebbe nata , cito testualmente un certificato che ho richiesto al comune di Alghero dove è nato un loro figlio, " a Prata Sannita o Avellino o Prati provincia di Terra di Lavoro di anni 22 nel 1871 ". Il suo nome era Concetta Davola Freda. Anche sul cognome ho avuto parecchie difficoltà a capire se fosse corretto ma questa è un altra storia. Ho provato a scrivere al comune di Prata Sannita ma mi hanno risposto che non risultava tale nominativo (ho precisato che poteva essere troncato o storpiato). Adesso la mia bisnonna riposa al mount carmel cemetery a Chicago insieme ad alcuni suoi figli. Incredibilmente so piu' di Lei da morta che da viva. C'e un mio post sull'argomento ed altri utenti mi stanno aiutando a cercare tracce dei miei parenti negli states ma finora senza grossi successi. Vorrei tanto capire dov'è nata ma in Italia dove non c'è quasi nulla informatizzato devo ricorrere a lettere telefonate etc etc. Hai idea perche questa confusione nel comune di nascita della mia Bisnonna? Conosco un po lastoria di quelle province ma confondere il comune? boh

Cordiali saluti

Vincenzo Genualdi
Palermo

Egregio Sig. Genualdi,
la prego di perdonarmi per il ritardo della mia risposta dovuto ai tanti impegni quotidiani.
Per quel che concerne la sua ricerca, le suggerirei di provare a contattare il Comune di Prata di Principato Ultra, in provincia di Avellino, località in cui del resto attualmente risiedono molteplici famiglie Freda.
La prego di aggiornarci circa l'esito delle sue interessanti indagini.
Le porgo i miei più cordiali saluti,
FabioP.

Buongiorno Fabio,
ho ripreso dopo un pò di tempo le ricerche sul luogo di nascita della mia bisnonna,Concetta D'Avola Freda, e dei suoi genitori. Dopo il comune di Prata Sannita anche il comune di Prata di Prinicipato Ultra mi ha risposto che non esistono i nominativi da me richiesti. A meno che non abbiano svolto ricerche troppo frettolose, come spesso mi è capitato in questi anni, vi sono altri comuni dove posso indirizzare le mie ricerche?
grazie.
I'm searching lost relatives and descendant of my greatgrandfather Vincenzo Genualdi (or Gennaldi or Genuardi) and my greatgrandmother Concetta Davola (their sons: Angela, Carmela, Antonio, Bartolomeo, Ernesto, Simone, Riccardo, Maria) went in Chicago,Ill., and New Orleans, in 1880-1920 from Sicily. Other family related : Jacobucci or Jacopucci (from Central Italy).
pjm1169

Post by pjm1169 »

I am the family genealogist for the Macchiarolo family. Our Macchiarolo ancestors came from Colle Sannita. Nicola Macchiarolo and his wife, Antoniamaria, and three children came to America during the 1910 - 1920 years. Antoniamaria's maiden name was Basilone. I understand that there are many Macchiarolos still in Colle Sannita who are distant "cousins".
I am always looking for additional information.

Pat
FabioP.
Rookie
Rookie

Post by FabioP. »

giovannicallara wrote:
pcallaro wrote:My name is Peter Callaro. The original spelling was Callara. My grandfather, Pasquale Callara, was born on September 20, 1880 in Colle Sannita and came to the USA around 1900. His father was Damiano and his mother was Concetta Martuccio. His paternal grandparents were Pasquale and Nicolina Zeolle. His maternal grandparents were Innocenzo Martuccio and Teresa Marino.

I live in the USA. My father, Damiano, was born in 1917 in New York City. He had three sisters, Nicolella, Immaculata Concepcione and Libra, and brothers, Santo and Donato, all born in the USA. One brother, Pietro was born in Italy in 1900.

My Grandfather also had a brother, Vincenzo, who came to the USA around 1905. He had two daughters. Other siblings migrated to South America around the same time.

My grandmother was born in Circello around 1878 but I don't remember her maiden name.
maru502007

Post by maru502007 »

Hi Fabio:

I'm Mariela Romero from Argentina. My grandma is Nicolina Finnelli, she is turning 80 in August and she was born in Benevento on 31st August 1930. I'd like to contact any relative of her sisters by email but I cannot find anyone either in Facebook or other site. If you have any information about Giusseppina Finelli or Lucia Finelli (her sisters who are still alive), please let me know.
I'd really appreciate any information regarding my grandma's family. IF you need any other nfromation I may have, do not hesitate to ask me.

Thanks in advance
Mariela
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

These are the Finellis in the province of Benevento. I hope it helps.

http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... dv=BN&ind=