Anyone know the main church in Casoli (CH) and/or Vasto(CH)?

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
bobby82569

Anyone know the main church in Casoli (CH) and/or Vasto(CH)?

Post by bobby82569 »

Hello everyone, looking for church to search more into my mom's family, her mom was from Casoli and her father is from Vasto and was adopted around age 15 and settled in US. Does anyone know if adoption papers would be in Italy or US? THANKS!!!! Ciao
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Anyone know the main church in Casoli (CH) and/or Vasto(

Post by suanj »

Hi:the adoption papers must to be in Italy, otherwise it could not go in USA, because of minor age... regards, suanj

PS: why you search the church in this area? no helpful from what you search.. this records are in the Court Archive and also in the civil records office of birth town.. I don't understand very well if your mom was adopted or some her parent...
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
bobby82569

Post by bobby82569 »

Thanks for the info! My mother's father was adopted. My mother was born in the US. I was looking for churches in the areas because I have read on this forum that records, birth,baptisms, and other records were kept with churches. My grandfather was born in 1890 and my granmother was born in 1893. Do you know if this is correct place to search? Thanks!!! Bobby
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

if your grandfather is born in Vasto you must to search in Vasto.. but no easy to find the adoption's paper, they are secret and only the person adopted or the descendant can make this and only by lawyer.. however if you know the right birthdate you can look up the Mormons microfilm of Vasto civil records, and to search the children born in this date....
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... umns=*,0,0
for to help more it is necessary to know the your ancestor's details...
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH