Torre Ananzitano and Torre Amchsal

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Edmondo
Staff
Staff

Torre Ananzitano and Torre Amchsal

Post by Edmondo »

Torre Annunziata (napoli) is the correct spelling.
<BR>I have checked ALL Italian towns with the name TORRE and not one of them looks like or sounds like \"Torre Amchsal\".
<BR>
<BR>I now have a list available with ALL about 8,100 towns AND 61,000 frazioni in Italy which I hope to publish as an searchable database on my site soon.
<BR>
<BR>An option to this database will be, links to the website of the town and e-mail addresses. Also pictures of the towns will be linked to the database and, a good idea thanks to you, the name of the local churche(s).
<BR>
<BR>Donations to support my newest project are welcome,
<BR>I need about $250 for a new harddisk ! :-D
Tandem fit surculus arbor
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

What were their surname in the ellis island records and when did they arrive.???Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

How do you pronounce AMCHAL?? is it like this AHM-K-AL or is it AM-CEE-AL???? Peter
norbertogallo

Post by norbertogallo »

the town is Torre Annunziata in Naples' provincia (about 25 km), is right edmondo, where my grandfather norberto was born in 1922.
Torre Annunziata is really at bases of Vesuvius, but there was several churchs at the start of 1900 that registered birth, death and marriage records.
in each case in the local Registro Civile there are files going back to the first 1800s.

norberto