Briatico, Calabria

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Poipuo4
Elite
Elite

Briatico, Calabria

Postby Poipuo4 » 04 Apr 2007, 13:13

I have one relative's Ellis Island records that say she is from San Costantino, comune: Briatico. Her brother's Ellis Island records of 5 yrs. later say he is from Catanzaro, Briatico. My question is, are these the same places? Is San Costantino small village within Briatico? I am confused. :? I want to order LDS films but I don't know if I should order Briatico or San Costantino.

Biff83
Master
Master

Re: Briatico, Calabria

Postby Biff83 » 04 Apr 2007, 14:22

Poipuo4,

I believe San Costantino is a frazione of Briatico.

San Costantino comune: Briatico - province: Vibo Valentia - region: Calabria

You might want to bookmark the following site for future reference if you need to check for a town or hamlet.

http://www.italyworldclub.com/regions.htm

A presto.
Biff
"To dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands"

Poipuo4
Elite
Elite

Postby Poipuo4 » 04 Apr 2007, 15:15

Thanks, Biff. So, it is like a small hamlet inside of the bigger town? I guess if both locations have film, I will order both. Thanks again for your help on that manifest. I had two conflicting towns of birth for my great grandmother and by deciphering the manifest for her brother, I was able to narrow down which one was actually her birth town.

jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby jcsm400 » 04 Apr 2007, 15:38

I believe they are two separate towns. There are films for both.....If San Costantino was a hamlet, its records would be recorded in Briatico.

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.

Return to “Locations in Italy”