Padulese, Padoloese, Iannitto, DeBlasio

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Padulese

Padulese, Padoloese, Iannitto, DeBlasio

Postby Padulese » 06 May 2007, 03:44

Hi! Looking for any connections to these names! Does anyone have any ideas?

Poipuo4
Elite
Elite

Re: Padulese, Padoloese, Iannitto, DeBlasio

Postby Poipuo4 » 06 May 2007, 21:18

My family is from Paduli di Benevento. Perhaps your name comes from there. Check out www.paduli-in-america.net There is also a list of over 1000 people that came to the US from Paduli. You can check if your family name is on the list.

It is a great English language site with plenty of info. BTW, a lot of Padulese (meaning people from Paduli) settled in PA, Oyster Bay (Long island), NY, and NY, NY.

There is also a Padula, Salerno as well.
http://www.celenzaheritage.com

dedicated to the people of Celenza Valfortore, Province of Foggia

Padulese

Postby Padulese » 15 May 2007, 12:28

Thanks for the info!~ I am sure my family is from Montecorvino, Pugliano. I am trying to get records from Italy, any ideas?

Poipuo4
Elite
Elite

Postby Poipuo4 » 15 May 2007, 14:47

You can go to www.familysearch.org (the Mormom family history library) and see if they have microfilms of your town or you can go to http://www.italia.indettaglio.it/eng/ and look up the address of your town hall and write to their archives (in Italian) for requesting an extract of the atto di nascita or copy of the atto di nascita (birth act). If you are writing to Italy, you need the name of the individual, their birth year, and names of their parents, if possible. They won't search for you, so you have to give them as much info. as possible. If you have little info., you should look through American records first (ship manifests, birth certificates, death certificates and census) to get approx. date of birth and then try the family history library microfilms first. There are Family history libraries all throughout the world, including the US.

Return to “Locations in Italy”