Sfaranda, Sicily

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
kecurroj

Sfaranda, Sicily

Postby kecurroj » 10 Jul 2007, 20:08

Since finding my wife's ancestor's home town of Sinagra Sicily, we noticed that there is a town just SW of it called Sfaranda. Since her ancestor's name is Faranda, we were wondering what connection there is if any. Would anyone know the history of this town?

Sfaranda

Re: Sfaranda, Sicily

Postby Sfaranda » 15 Sep 2007, 19:55

My name is Luisa and I grow up in Sfaranda approx 15miles from Sinagra town. I left Sfaranda when I got married and moved to Chesapeake, VA. Growing up in Sfranda, I heard a lot about the wealthy Faranda family, I don't recall all the details but I can find out from my family still living in Sfaranda.

luisa*

kecurroj

Re: Sfaranda, Sicily

Postby kecurroj » 17 Sep 2007, 16:03

My name is Luisa and I grow up in Sfaranda approx 15miles from Sinagra town. I left Sfaranda when I got married and moved to Chesapeake, VA. Growing up in Sfranda, I heard a lot about the wealthy Faranda family, I don't recall all the details but I can find out from my family still living in Sfaranda.

luisa*

Sounds good Luisa. I am looking forward to any information you may have about the name "Faranda".

Thank you!

Return to “Locations in Italy”