FIOVINONE

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
bbango
Rookie
Rookie

FIOVINONE

Post by bbango »

I'm looking for the location of Fiovinone. I searched google maps but I couldn't find anything. Has anyone heard of this town? Maybe the name of the town changed from Fiovinone to something else ? GRAZIE MILLE!
angelamascia
Rookie
Rookie

Re: FIOVINONE

Post by angelamascia »

Hello bbango,

Do you know anything else about this town like what is the next bigger city or in which region it is supposed to be?

Could this be Frosinone in the region of Lazio? Just a gues....

Angela
Surnames: Mascia, Iapozzuto, Piacquadio, Iacobacci
bbango
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bbango »

buonasera angela... really i'm not sure where it is located..

I've been looking for my great grandfather's ellis island manifest and having found his brothers, I am having a hard time finding his with his correct name.

So I ended up finding a record for a Domenico Boughi... whereas his correct name is Domenico Bonghi.. I would automatically assume this was him no questions, except it says his last residence is Fiovinone...And I know that he was born in Troia, Foggia.

I know he could have moved to a different town or something of that nature, but this is what I would like to figure out! thanks
Surnames: Bonghi/Bongo/Bango - Strano - Sebastiani - Polito - Serge - Benigni - Micale - Mondi
angelamascia
Rookie
Rookie

Post by angelamascia »

Hi bbango,

I looked at all the municipalities in the province of Foggia and none of the them have any resemblance to the name of Fiovinone. A search for the town itself turned up nothing.
What is your great grandfather's name? Is his last residence shown as Troia?

Angela Mascia
Surnames: Mascia, Iapozzuto, Piacquadio, Iacobacci
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

Line 1, appears to say
page 1: last residence Frosinone
page 2: born in Troia
peggymckee
Elite
Elite

Post by peggymckee »

Hi bbango,

On ship manifest, my grandfather put Stazzema as his place of last residence. He married my GM there, but I doubt if he lived there. She was born there. He was born in Sesto Fiorentino.

By any chance was the wife of your relative born in Frosinone?

Good luck, Peg
Surnames: Bertellotti - Ridolfi - Marchi