Sant'Elia Fiumerapido (FR)

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
millybobs
Rookie
Rookie

Sant'Elia Fiumerapido (FR)

Postby millybobs » 03 Aug 2007, 16:27

On his UK naturalisation papers, my grandfather Vincenzo Risi gave his place of birth as Postello, Sant'Elia Fiumerapido, Frosinone province. I am unable to locate a Postello in this comune. Can anyone suggest where I might try to find if it still exists?

Emmy
Master
Master

Re: Sant'Elia Fiumerapido (FR)

Postby Emmy » 09 Aug 2007, 20:27

Hi Millybobs
At the moment I'm researching Sant'Elia Fiumerapido and have a number of films on extended loan from the F.H.C. As far as I am aware Sant'Elia Fiumerapido is a comune in its own right I do know there are a few other little villages nearbye but I cant say I've come across Postello. Are you sure about the spelling?
If you are trying to trace your grandfathers birth/marriage records I will give you the dates of the films I have on loan and if you want to give me details about your grandfather ie date of birth etc. if I have the film I will check it to see if there is any information relating to him.
These are a list of the dates of the films I have
Births:- 1850-1857, 1857-1865, 1877-1892, 1830-1837 and I'm waiting for 1822-1829 to arrive.
Marriages:- 1860-1879, 1880-1899 and I'm waiting for 1851-1861 to arrive
Morti :- 1860-1882
Emmy

millybobs
Rookie
Rookie

Postby millybobs » 09 Aug 2007, 21:20

Hi Emmy.
Thanks for the offer to do some look-ups for me. The information I have already on my grandfather is:
Vincenzo Risi, born Sant'Elia (?Postello) on 28 March 1886. Parents Lorenzo Antonio Risi (born Cassino c1852) and Gertrulda Risi nee Fusco (born Cassino c1852). Vincenzo came to England c1888 with his father and elder brother Pasquale Antonio (born 11 Oct 1876, Cassino). They settled in Hull, Yorkshire. My grandfather married in England and died here in 1923, so I guess the only records in Italy would be his birth record. I'm hoping that might give me more information about his family. 'Postello' is written clearly on his naturalisation papers. I've found a Portella, a frazione of Sant'Elia Fiumerapido, which might be the place, but I'm hoping his records were kept in Sant'Elia as Portella is only a tiny place.
Millybobs

Emmy
Master
Master

Postby Emmy » 09 Aug 2007, 22:31

Hi Millybobs
Hopefully I should be able to find Vicenzo Risi March 1886 because I have the film covering that date but I dont have any films for Cassino and it seems that's where you would be most likely to find more information about Vincenzo's parents. Especially as his older brother was born there its more than likely that their parents were married in Cassino too.
As I said I wont be able to go to the FHC next week (babysitting my grandson :wink: :D )but I'll check the week after so keep checking your post. I WILL reply.

In a reply I had from Sant'Elia Fiumerapido when I was requesting a copy of my grandparents marriage certifcate they told me that many of the Comune's records had been destroyed in WW11 and not all had been replaced. (I did write to the Church in Sant'Elia but didnt get a reply.)

I do remember noticing the surname Rosi coming up a few times in the S'Elia records Is Vicenzo's surname is definately Risi?

Emmy

Emmy
Master
Master

Postby Emmy » 09 Aug 2007, 22:44

Millybobs
Dont know if you have used the 'films' from Family Search but you can order them at your nearest FHCentre
This is a link to the Family Search.org where you can find your nearest Family History Centre

http://www.familysearch.org/

This is a link to the films available for Cassino Frosinone

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... o+civile++

Emmy

Return to “Locations in Italy”