Cutarelli or Pisacane

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Lois

Re: Cutarelli or Pisacane

Post by Lois »

I just realized that I posted an incorrect name previously. Vincenzo Pisacane married Annunziata Avossa - their son was Luigi. Sorry for the foul-up.
Gallo1975
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Gallo1975 »

Actually, I do not think my CUTARELLI's ever came to the United States; their descendants did for sure.

I have Maria/Mary CUTARELLI married Michele GALLO and their first child, my great grandfather, was born in 1885 in Scafati, Salerno, IT.

Curious is my Maria/Mary could be the eldest of the CUTARELLI siblings.

jeffandrebecca@cox.net
Always looking for info on: Gallo, Perillo, Stelatto, Morganelli, Cutarelli, Aniello/Aiello, Langella, Garitta/Aritta, Hayward, Nicolson & will be happy to swap info too!
nickyras

Post by nickyras »

I have just discovered my realitves name is Pisacane. My Great Grandmothers name was Josephine Pisacane. This is a translation of a letter I have found:

21 March 1973

Dearest cousins and all the family, I’ll set about writing to give you my news, I am enjoying good health as I hope you and the family are too.
Dear cousin, it would give me enormous joy if I could speak to you ‘live’, and get to know what you are like, as you know I had two brothers the first died in 1936 at 33 years of age, He was called Gennaro. The other brother was called Vincenzo and he died in1967 at 49 years of age, this last one died at work, he was a miner, he broke a piece of rock from a block of stone and it crushed him, I was very shocked by this and was left with a wife with five children who are all settled well and happily married now. The wife of the second was without children then (but?) had 5 sisters 2 of which are dead, three enjoy good health. The two who died were called the first Teresa died in 1970 at the age of 70 and the second was called Maria Antonia and she died at 54 years of age in 1971. For the three who are still alive I have included their addresses. They are as follows

Sig.ra. Anna Pisacane
Via Pilieri Raito per Albori,
Vietri S/Mare
84019 Salerno
Italy

Sig.ra
Vietri S/Mare
84019 Salerno
Italy

Dearest cousin the address of the third I’ll send you in my next letter that I will write later because at the moment I can’t find the third is called Graziella and she lives in Genova. With this I’ll close and send you a warm embrace

Francesca Pisacane

Thanks to the lady who wrote this for me I owe it to her if you can read this news send yours apart (sorry I cannot read the last three words – they too indistinct…)
Nicholas Racioppi
New Jersey
klk260

Post by klk260 »

nickyras wrote:I have just discovered my realitves name is Pisacane. My Great Grandmothers name was Josephine Pisacane. This is a translation of a letter I have found:

21 March 1973

Dearest cousins and all the family, I’ll set about writing to give you my news, I am enjoying good health as I hope you and the family are too.
Dear cousin, it would give me enormous joy if I could speak to you ‘live’, and get to know what you are like, as you know I had two brothers the first died in 1936 at 33 years of age, He was called Gennaro. The other brother was called Vincenzo and he died in1967 at 49 years of age, this last one died at work, he was a miner, he broke a piece of rock from a block of stone and it crushed him, I was very shocked by this and was left with a wife with five children who are all settled well and happily married now. The wife of the second was without children then (but?) had 5 sisters 2 of which are dead, three enjoy good health. The two who died were called the first Teresa died in 1970 at the age of 70 and the second was called Maria Antonia and she died at 54 years of age in 1971. For the three who are still alive I have included their addresses. They are as follows

Sig.ra. Anna Pisacane
Vietri S/Mare
84019 Salerno
Italy

Sig.ra
Vietri S/Mare
84019 Salerno
Italy

Dearest cousin the address of the third I’ll send you in my next letter that I will write later because at the moment I can’t find the third is called Graziella and she lives in Genova. With this I’ll close and send you a warm embrace

Francesca Pisacane

Thanks to the lady who wrote this for me I owe it to her if you can read this news send yours apart (sorry I cannot read the last three words – they too indistinct…)

Hello
Was your Great Grandmother Married to Andrew Pisacane and had two daughters Donna and Carmella?
findfamily

Post by findfamily »

Pisacane is my maiden name. My grandfather was Enrico(Harry) he had a brother Nick and a sister Mary. I know that my grandfather was born in America, I am not sure about his siblings. He married Rosa D'Amora. Their marriage was arranged and my grandmother came from Italy to marry my grandfather. I am not sure what town my grandfather's family is from.