PLEASE! Important! Someone who knows Naples!!!

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
jenalonso
Veteran
Veteran

PLEASE! Important! Someone who knows Naples!!!

Postby jenalonso » 30 Aug 2007, 14:57

Something I missed before....

The Naples records that the Family History Center has online are divided up into sections (seziones?) and I'm fairly sure I know what section my great-great grandparents were from and the FHL has those years (circa 1860)! They were from Capodimonte (which is there!).

But I have an additional address in Naples that I think is in the San Lorenzo quarter (street is Vico Nuovo dell Pace). Can anyone please tell me if this is part of Capodimonte or what section this is - or if they were divided up differently in 1860?

Any help is much appreciated!!
Searching for Nostrame, Mangiacapre, Cherubino, DiPascuale, Franco, Porto, D'Addona, DiLibero.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: PLEASE! Important! Someone who knows Naples!!!

Postby suanj » 30 Aug 2007, 15:14

I believe that the capodimonte area is a part of Stella quarter( Municipality) in Naples town; near San lorenzo quarter... http://www.comune.napoli.it/flex/cm/pag ... agina/2933

suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

jenalonso
Veteran
Veteran

Postby jenalonso » 30 Aug 2007, 15:22

I'm sorry, you're right, Suanj. Vico della Pace is in the San Lorenzo quarter.
Searching for Nostrame, Mangiacapre, Cherubino, DiPascuale, Franco, Porto, D'Addona, DiLibero.

jenalonso
Veteran
Veteran

Postby jenalonso » 30 Aug 2007, 15:28

I never saw that part of the Naples website!! It's so hard when you don't understand Italian. I am trying to learn now.

Thanks so much for your help!!!

Suanj, do you know anyone who speaks English & Italian who I could hire while in Naples to take me around?

Return to “Locations in Italy”