san donato di ninea/pucciani

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
dpucciani

san donato di ninea/pucciani

Postby dpucciani » 05 Oct 2007, 23:28

My grandfather, Carlo Pucciani, came through Ellis Island in 1903 from San Donato di Ninea. Would like to visit that village next year, but am seeking a tour bus --need not only a good driver but someone who speaks the language. --dpucciani

dpucciani

Re: san donato di ninea/pucciani

Postby dpucciani » 11 Feb 2009, 00:17

My grandfather Carlo Pucciani (b. 1880 San Donato di Ninea) was one of 17 children of Francesco Saverio Pucciani (b. 1848). Carlo was the only one to emigrate to the US. He came through Ellis Island in 1903 and stayed. What happened to the other 16? Does anyone out there know a Pucciani? I have corresponded with half a dozen others in Italy but found only one distant cousin. There seems to be a branch in the Pisa/Lucca area, also, but none are left in San Donato so I don't know where they all ended up--Dpucciani

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: san donato di ninea/pucciani

Postby PeterTimber » 11 Feb 2009, 04:45

Yopur in a bit of luck since there are only 13 cities,towns or villages with persons surnamed Pucciani Go to www.gens.labo.net/en/cognomi and put in Pucciani in upper left and you will see that 10 are in Toscana region and the remaining 3 are in extreme north and south of Italy.

Go to www.paginebianche.it and put in Pucciani inthe first line then the regions (one at a time please...yes it happens) in the second line and click CERCA and a listing will come up for all Pucciani in the region of Toscana for about 10 towns or so while the other regions may have just one or two towns with Pucciani inhabitants.

The listing that come up will have full names,addresses and telephone numbers. Perhaps those with familiar first names in your immediate family will show up in the lists that come up and may be worth a "potential relative letter" which we can provide in a form letter manner. =Peter=
~Peter~

Return to “Locations in Italy”