Lipari Messina Si/Church Records?

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
brutus16125

Lipari Messina Si/Church Records?

Postby brutus16125 » 06 Dec 2007, 14:04

Hello All,
Looking for a birth date on my Gr gr grandmother who was born in Lipari approx 1869....wondering where church records would be held for that time frame?
Thankyou,
Jerry
brutus16125@hotmail.com

nazca
Elite
Elite

Re: Lipari Messina Si/Church Records?

Postby nazca » 23 Dec 2007, 10:45

hi Brutus,

if you are looking for a birth date in Lipari, i suggest to you send a mail to "statocivile@comunelipari.it" : is the official township where are recorded birth,marriage and death. Lipari have 39 churches: is better and faster send a mail to that office. For example you write:

"im searching the birth date of my "Gr gr grandmother" : her name is name surname and he was born in Lipari approx 1869.
Best regards

" Desidero conoscere la data di nascita di "name& surname", mia trisavola, nata Lipari nel 1869 circa.

Cordiali saluti.

name surname (you)
I'm searching lost relatives and descendant of my greatgrandfather Vincenzo Genualdi (or Gennaldi or Genuardi) and my greatgrandmother Concetta Davola (their sons: Angela, Carmela, Antonio, Bartolomeo, Ernesto, Simone, Riccardo, Maria) went in Chicago,Ill., and New Orleans, in 1880-1920 from Sicily. Other family related : Jacobucci or Jacopucci (from Central Italy).

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 23 Dec 2007, 18:22

Dear Brutus you can go to www.mangeruca.com for form letters in Italian which you can use to request documents providing you can furnish a name and an approximate year for a birth certificate (request Estratto di Nasacita=long form for more info). The service is free andit is suggested that you send $5.00 in cash or postal coupons since it is an end of day duty for poorly paid clerks and costs you nothing. The address to write to is Uffico di Satato Civile,, Comune di Lipari, 98055, Piazza Mazzini, Messina, Sicily.

The website is in english and Italian so you will have no problems. =Peter=

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 23 Dec 2007, 18:54

PeterTimber wrote:Dear Brutus you can go to www.mangeruca.com for form letters in Italian which you can use to request documents providing you can furnish a name and an approximate year for a birth certificate (request Estratto di Nasacita=long form for more info). The service is free andit is suggested that you send $5.00 in cash or postal coupons since it is an end of day duty for poorly paid clerks and costs you nothing. The address to write to is Uffico di Satato Civile,, Comune di Lipari, 98055, Piazza Mazzini, Messina, Sicily.

The website is in english and Italian so you will have no problems. =Peter=

Brutus, the correct order for the address is:

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Via Falcone e Borsellino
98055 Lipari (ME)
Italy

email: statocivile@comunelipari.it

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 23 Dec 2007, 19:01

Dear Livio either way the letter will get there. One or three days later makes no difference it still takes 6-8 weeks to get documents. But if it makes you feel better s'accomodi. Buon natale!! =peter=

Return to “Locations in Italy”