casen

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
jolynn
Elite
Elite

casen

Postby jolynn » 22 Dec 2007, 20:38

hello all, i have received a alien registration card for my great grandmother, rosa marandola a.k.a. rosa conte, it gives her passport number, date of birth, etc, and was issued in grimsby england in 1920 by the police, we know from her daughters birth certificate that the family came from cassino and cervaro, they left in 1902 to come to england, the query is it say,s place of birth, casen, on the registration card, all letter,s and stories which have been passed on to me from the family say she was born in cassino in the province of caserta, i wonder if it was a mistake on the card or there is an old name foir cassino which sounds like casen, any help in trying to understand this would be appriciated, thankyou and to all of you, have a merry christmas and a happy new year, regards, john

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: casen

Postby PeterTimber » 22 Dec 2007, 23:21

What is needed here is verfiication that she was born in Cassino, Postale 03043, (FR)=Frosinone province. You can go tothe enarest family History library (www.familysearch.org) and rent out the civil record microfilm for Cassino ($5.00) for records from 1810 to 1900 covering all births,marriages and deaths. I am sure you could easily locate her birth record or you could write directly to Cassino at their Uffico di Stato Civile, Comune di cassino, Postale 03043, (fr) Lazio region, Italy and request her birth record (always ask for estratto di nascita=long form for more info).=Peter=

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Postby liviomoreno » 23 Dec 2007, 07:07

The correct address is:

Ufficio di Stato Civile
Piazza De Gasperi
03043 Cassino (FR)
Italy

You may also e-mail: info@comune.cassino.fr.it

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 23 Dec 2007, 17:24

In the event that you are writing to Italy you can go to www.mangeruca.com and obtain a form letter in Italian which will enable you to make requests for documents free of charge to the address indicated in my response. It is suggested that you enclose a postal money coupon for ($5.00US equivalent) since it is an end of day duty free to foreigners making requests. =Peter=

jolynn
Elite
Elite

Postby jolynn » 23 Dec 2007, 18:58

hello peter and livio, thankyou for your help, i will write that letter and go to our nearest family history centre, i just thought that some one might know if there had been a change in spelling for cassino, i thought i had seen it before spelt without the o, ie. cassin, then when rosa gave the info. to the police they wrote it down casen, not cassin, she was born in 1856 and cassino was in the province of caserta then, it changed to frosinone at a later date, as her english was not that good there would be room for mistakes, well thankyou again, regards, john

Return to “Locations in Italy”