Montemiletto

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
vj
Master
Master

Re: Montemiletto

Post by vj »

Linda,
We're so happy we could help!
You're right - lots of leads to check out :D
Please, take your time and update us
whenever you get a chance!

pretty neat marriage record
Marriage in Swampscott
23 Feb 1908
Pasquale S Colella, 21, 1st marriage
residence Swampscott
shoe worker
born in Italy
father Genenso Colella
mother Carmela Musto

Mary Teresa Loguercio, 20, 1st marriage
residence Swampscott
born in Lynn
father Frank Loguercio
mother Angela Fenezia

married by Patrick Colman
Priest, Swampscott
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

Loguercio
using the marriage record above..

another interesting manifest
mother Annie (Angela) Finizio? daughter Michelina Loguercio?

1885 manifest
11 Feb 1885 Ship Alesia, Marseilles and Naples to NY
Lines 36-38
Angela Fenizio, 27
Rosa Loguercio, 7?
Michel. Loguercio, 5?

note: name was probably Finizio, still current in Avellino
Tommysnana

Post by Tommysnana »

Well I told you I was slow. The only thing I have verified so far is the census records being correct. 1910, 1920, 1930. I must have totally missed them all these years. Maybe getting tired after reading so many then just gave up...I'm not sure.
I will email the person that has done research on the Colella's. Whoever it is seems to have my grandparents as his/her grandparents. Doesn't seem possible to me. I don't recognize any of the names connected (except my grandparents). This could somehow be connected to the Colella's I mentioned earlier that are no relation...not sure about that either.

I'm still plucking away so I'll let you know what else I can verify. I just bought new software for a Family Tree so I'll be working with that as well.

Thanks again all!
Linda

If anyone needs any help from my area (maybe graves etc), I live in NH but I do make occassional trips to Lynn, Mass....I'd more than glad to help. As you can see, I am not the brightest bulb on the tree, but I can give it a good shot!
rscano

Post by rscano »

I have about 4000 names extracted from the (birth, marriage, death) records of Montemiletto. It includes all families related to the following surnames; Colella, Fina, Capone, DiDonato, and others. I would be happy to look your ancestors up for you. Send whatever info you have and I'll send you info or pedigrees. Anyone know of any relatives to the Colellas or Capones, or Finas that are still in Montemiletto? I'd like to go visit and find it easier if I know someone there to translate for me.
Ciao, Becky Scano
Ciao, Mama Scano
stagehand626

Post by stagehand626 »

My Great grandmother was Carmela Colella and married my Great grandfather Francesco Colantuoni in the mid-1800's. They were from Montemilleto. I think she came to the US around 1903 with my grandfather, Bernardo Colantuoni. He had at least six brothers and two sisters. I don't know if anyone has any info, or if this helps anyone. n My wife and I are going to visit Montemiletto this summer, July 2008.
My grandfather is from Montemiletto(Avellino), his name was Bernardo Colantuoni, born in 1885 and my grandmother is from Sarno(Salerno), her name was Pasqualena Dascoli, born around 1896. Any info would be appreciated
cheryl021

Post by cheryl021 »

Hi Becky Scano, I am researching Olympia Gubitosa and Rocco Pezzella, I know they listed Montemiletto as home when they came to America, however that is about all I have on them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Joseph Pisano

Post by Joseph Pisano »

My grandfather Carmine Pisano was born in Montemiletto in 1888. His father's first name was Felice and his mother's name was Marianna. Her maiden name might have been DellaPorta. Do you have any records pertaining to this family?
stagehand626

Post by stagehand626 »

I only have info on my family, which is the Collelas and the Colantuonis. My wife and I visited Montemiletto in the spring of 2011. It was very interesting to see where my family was from. There are still Colantuonis there, but distant cousins. It is pretty far up in the mountains, but the view is beautiful.
My grandfather is from Montemiletto(Avellino), his name was Bernardo Colantuoni, born in 1885 and my grandmother is from Sarno(Salerno), her name was Pasqualena Dascoli, born around 1896. Any info would be appreciated
danilei

Post by danilei »

Grazia Colella, born 1879, Montemiletto, sailed unaccompanied at 21 yrs of age from Genova to NYC in 1899. She had five children between 1902 and 1912, but sadly fell ill and the children were sent to the orphanage. I'd like to know why she left Montemiletto so young and all alone.
MIke-z

Post by MIke-z »

My Cousin is going to Italy for a study abroad program in a week, spanning five months. She and the rest of the family is interested in getting more information on our Italian heritage. Me and my cousins Great Grandmother and her family was from Montemiletto. What I would like to know is who should I contact in the town about visits to look up information and possibly get some oral history of the family (read on). My grandfather (still alive) who has the Italian mother told me that when he was young 1930's ish that his aunts and uncles whent back to Italy to their family that stayed behind when they emmigrated to america. For a sence of the family I will list out the family tree starting with my Great Great Grandmother.

Pasqualena Ragno
-First Marriage: Angelo Michael D'Amato(Born: 26 Jul 1856 Montemiletto, Died: Before 1908? Italy?)
-Children from First Marriage
--Angelo Michael D'Amato(Born: 3 Oct 1896 Montemiletto, Died: 1952 New Jersey)
--Carmen D'Amato(Born: 1897 Montemiletto, Died: Unknown)
--Gaetano D'Amato(Born: 20 Oct 1899, Died: Unknown)
--Theresa Marie D'Amato(Born: 1902 Montemiletto, Died: 6 Jun 1968 Asbury Park, New Jersey)*My Great Grandmother*
-Second Marriage: Giovannantonio Brogna(Born: 9 Dec 1858 Montemiletto, Death: 1 Feb 1944 Jersey City, New Jersey)
-Children from Second Marriage
--Rosena Brogna(Born: 1909, Died: Unknown New Jersey?)
--Annie Brogna(Born: 1912, Died: Unknown New Jersey?)

Parrents of Pasqualena Ragno
-Angelo Ragno
-Teresa Brogna

Parrents of Angelo Michael D'Amato
-Gaetano D'Amato
-Mariantania Di Pierri

Parrents of Giovannantonio Brogna
-Giovanni Brogna
-Giovanna Devito
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

For civil records both the Comune di Montemiletto Via Roma 2 in Montemiletto and the archivio di Stato di Avellino Via G. Verdi 15 - 17 in Avellino
You know there are civil records on microfilm of Montemiletto available at the Family History Library Registri dello stato civile di Montemiletto (Avellino), 1809-1899 Births, marriages, banns, deaths, miscellaneous documents, ten-year indexes.
PG LINK TO RECORD INFO
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... %20Library

Before 1809 records you have to find the parish church which might be on a early birth record on the baptismal side of the birth record (before 1865)

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
MIke-z

Post by MIke-z »

I have looked through 3 reels of microfilm at a Family History Center on Montemiletto, that is were I found most of the information that I have now. The thing is that my Cousin is going to Italy and wants to travel around and visit such places as her Great Grandparrents home town. I was wondering about information that would be difficult if not impossible for me to get from america. Like what are the churches and who should I contact (I can get a friend who knows some Italian to call) who may have some information on records other then the state records. Possibly a contact of a local history expert in the area. Also is there a local repository of state records in Montemiletto, is it open to researchers, is there specific hours or contact information?
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Can you post one of your pre 1860 records for me to see?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
MIke-z

Post by MIke-z »

I have printed out some of the earliest birth records I have like that of Angelo Michael D'Amato (26 Jul 1856) and Giovannantonio Brogna (9 Dec 1858) but they have not been scanned in yet and wont be until I'm done moving in my new house next month. The oldest one I have that is scanned into the computer (From those old Minatola's at the family history center) is the one below of Pasqualina.
Attachments
PasqualinaRagno_Birth_small.jpg
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

I was looking for a pre 1864 this birth is 1869
Like this one
https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/ ... Record.jpg

Marty

Marty