Italian cemetery research

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Blas

Italian cemetery research

Post by Blas »

Hello,
I am new to this site, but I have been working on my family history for 6 years. I was wondering how to search for information online or how to write for information on people buried in old Italian cemeteries in the areas around San Ginese, Santa Croce sull'Arno, Palaia, Bientina, and Pontedera. My understanding is that many cemeteries are located along side local churches that may have been closed for many years. Any guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The surname “Costagliâ€
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Italian cemetery research

Post by PeterTimber »

Death records in churches and in the Municipal offices for vital records can tell you who is buried in these towns and the date of their demise. In almost all cases the local office of the comune called Stato Civile or Anagrafe can be reached by mail for births,marriages and deaths provided you can furnish them with full names and approximate year of deaths if a more accurate date is unknown. Please avdise how we can asist you. =Peter=